A thought on pre-match threads this season

keith's curle

Is it possible to have some way of noting which players are fit/injured/suspended etc?

The pre-match threads always have posts suggesting line-ups which include players who can't play, followed by posts pointing out they can't play, followed by posts asking who is available etc, followed by the same thing again on the next page. And then on the next page.

Maybe anybody starting a pre-match thread should be obliged to update the first post with who is available (from PM's maybe?), although this may be difficult to do in practice.

Another option might be to have a 'who is available' thread running the whole season, maybe stickied so it gets noticed and used. This would have the added benefit of being able to abuse posters who don't check first ;)

Any other ideas?

@Ric could add a note on the top of every page in the thread with our available squad, then permaban anyone who asked those questions.

And an end to some of those crazy tactics truck team line ups where Pozo is up front on his own, Yaya is playing centre half cos he used to do it for Barca and some crazy fool sticks Kompany in midfield.
Exactly, that would never happen in real life.

Go here just after 1pm for mp's press conference and you get who is fit and who is injured

https://twitter.com/MCFC

Yes, posters could, but the thread will have usually been open for almost a week before the press conference.

Maybe if it was added as a note at the top of each page, similar to Aguero 93:20's suggestion. I'd still wonder how many would check!

And an end to some of those crazy tactics truck team line ups where Pozo is up front on his own, Yaya is playing centre half cos he used to do it for Barca and some crazy fool sticks Kompany in midfield.

I thought I was asking too much, but you're just asking for the impossible. In fairness, some posters just need to get this kind of thing out of them, a bit like DIY exorcism. I look upon it as 'care in the community' and try not to get too worked up.

As long as the actual match day thread stays completely batshit, reactionary and irrational I'll be happy. It's normally my half time entertainment at the game so would hate to see it any less mental.

Yes, posters could, but the thread will have usually been open for almost a week before the press conference.

Maybe if it was added as a note at the top of each page, similar to Aguero 93:20's suggestion. I'd still wonder how many would check!

I thought I was asking too much, but you're just asking for the impossible. In fairness, some posters just need to get this kind of thing out of them, a bit like DIY exorcism. I look upon it as 'care in the community' and try not to get too worked up.

I also forgot the classic drop all the current strikers and stick Guidetti up front.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.