A Top 6 to get us in the Top 6

Robinho's Subbuteo

Team supported
Manchester City
Of this season's starters I think we need to say "Thanks for your time. That'll be all" to Dunne, Bridge, Richards and Caicedo. Bring in Luisao, Lahm, G Johnson, K Toure, Y Toure and Aguero .... top 6 here we come.

and if those 6 dont gel together ?

Were not playing championship magager here....

Moebius said:

Well it can't be any worse than the four I listed. They're hardly the best picture of gelling i've seen.

Robinho's Subbuteo said:
Moebius said:

Well it can't be any worse than the four I listed. They're hardly the best picture of gelling i've seen.

Not really, Caicedo and Richards are both 20 years old and still learning the trade.

Dunne has had a mixed season, sometimes wonderful, sometimes very dire

Bridge has been here 4 months, too early to tell.

Im not saying keep them all, infact i personally think the weak link is richards for the most part, you more than often find Dunne covering 2 posistions.

I'll play. The six I would bring in and my starting lineup.
Luisao - CB - Tall ball winner not afraid to mix it up.
A. Traore - LB/LM - Very fast and gets involved in the offense well. Play behind Bridge.
Veloso - CDM - Play him along side de Jong and you have a great defensive midfield.
Michael Bradley - CM - Box to box and a total work horse who gets better game by game.
Edin Dzeko - ST - Tall striker, young with 25 goals this year.
Crouch - ST - Simply put, we need goals and he can find the net.

Given - One of world's best.
RB - Richards - Will have a break out year next year.
CB - Kompany - One of the best centre backs playing out of position.
CB - Luisao - We will never lose a ball in the back as both are very hard nosed.
LB - Bridge - Not the best but will do for now.
CDM - de Jong - Total warrior who knows his role on the team.
CDM - Veloso - Brings grit and a bit of a better play maker then de Jong.
RAM - Ireland - I shouldn't have to explain this one. One of the great young talents.
LAM - Elano - Creativity and has been phenomenal the second half of the season.
Free - Robbie - Let him do what he does.
ST - Dzeko - Will score 15-20 his first year and will just get better.

Squad - Schmeichal, Crouch, SWP, Boj, Onuoha, Zab, Bradley

Loan - Hart, Caicedo, Traore, Sturridge

The only player I would sell from your list is Dunne, reasons:

Dunne - been a great player for us, bit to improve we need a younger CB with bags of pace.

Bridge - Hardly been with us long, when I have seen him he has been useful going forward, he needs to sharpen up defensively. Having spent lots of time on the bench at Chelski it will take a pre season with us to get him back to his best. A succession of England managers put him in the squad and they can't all be wrong!

Richards - still a young guy who hasn't had a great season, he hit the highs last season so we all expected greatness again, I think he'll be much better next season and I tip him to go to the World cup.

Caciedo - Another young guy with great potential, he might be better to go on loan somewhere, hopefully someone challenging at the top of the championship.

Have some faith - we will certainly get better next season. I expect probably 4-5 new faces who are top quality.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.