A Treble of our most infamous draws you were at!

1-1 at the Swamp. "Brightwelllllll!!!!
2-2 at home to Lpool "Alan Ball you idiot!!!!"
1-1 at Millwall night game "Don't score Bradbury don't score!!!"
Was at them all we nearly won the Millwall game from the kick off reckon we would still be in there if it had gone in.

Surprised nobody has mentioned the 1-1 vs Hull in 2009 that brought us level with the record for the most consecutive draws in Premier League history (7) and saw Jimmy Bullard do his famous team-talk celebration. As much as the 3-0 defeat at Spurs a month later was horrible and ultimately sealed his fate, and as bad as it was to go 2-0 down to Burnley and then somehow draw 3-3 after coming all the way back to go in front, that 1-1 vs Hull (who were languishing in 15th and would eventually get relegated) was probably the game when Hughes really lost the fans.

1-1 at home to Liverpool in 76-77 season. Watson og in 89th min on an ice rink of a pitch

1-1 at home to Liverpool in 76-77 season. Watson og in 89th min on an ice rink of a pitch
I was there. Season ticket holder in the Platt Lane stand. If we'd held on to the lead (a Royle goal), we may well have gone on to win the league. We finished second by one point to the all conquering Liverpool side of that era.

0-0 v Portsmouth 2006-07 Utter shite, but it made Ben Thatcher famous
0-0 v Sheffield United 2006-07 Utter shite, but I've got a feeling that it was Joe Hart's City debut
0-0 v Watford 2006-07 Utter shite in pouring rain on a Monday night.

Evidently a season of recurring themes.

'Infamous' obviously means that these have to be negative emotion draws.

I was at the 1981 FA Cup Final but I actually feel three others are worthy of a mention ahead of it for infamy.

1 - City 3 Bournemouth 3 in 1989- 3-0 up at half time and, ultimately, a win would have taken us up on the day if Palace didn't win also, and they were losing 1-0 at half time. It ends up 3-3 courtesy of a 97th minute penalty and Palace were winning as we left the ground. They also conceded in injury time, though, and strangely, we were in exactly the same situation as we would have been had we hung on for the win and they also won, but it sure didn't feel like it. I remember seeing quite a few sat on the Kippax crying at the end.

2 - City 3 United 3 in 1990. We played better in this one than we did in the 5-1 and were dominant for a full 80 minutes. We should already have been well clear when Colin Hendry put us 3-1 up with ten minutes to go. We all partied. We'd knobbed them again. Reidy goes off. Brighters comes on, loses the ball with his first touch, and by the 83rd minute it was 3-3. Only a superb save from Tony Coton at the end stopped them from winning it. I felt devastated that night, because I had my victory speech prepared, written and spoken. At least I didn't know then it would be another 12 years before we'd beat them again.

3. City 2 Liverpool 2 in 1996. Needed to better the result of one of Southampton or Coventry, who I suppose we expected to win their home games, which would have deemed ours irrelevant. We effectively put the ball in for them twice when they actively seemed to be trying not to beat us. We got back to 2-2, then with us needing the win, Stevie Lomas took it to the corner flag in stoppage time.

Liverpool 2-2 to get relegated
Middlesbrough 1-1 fowler miss to miss out on Europe
Qpr 2-2 pollock own goal

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.