A tribute to bluemoon (and thank you's to certain members )

poh said:
Before i joined bluemoon i had a good look around the board and well,to be honest i was a bit intimidated.There where so many views on so many subjects re' city that it made my head spin at times.I saw views posted which were polite,made sense,and also made a very good point,on the other hand there were views which were rude,made no sense whatsoever, and made no point at all (off couse these are my views entirely )Replies on various subjects could contain,threats,putdowns,humour and almost every possible comeback you could think off.So after a while i got into things and started to post some views myself,which contained swearing,humour etc' and started having a ball.i left it to my 100 post mark before i have the nerve to start a thread myself (i thought that this was the right number at the time ) and started having a bigger ball (no sniggering at the back you boys ! )

Around about this time i also notice something else about bluemoon.Instead of feeling imtimidated i began to feel a sense of belonging,a sense of being part of one big city family with cousins all over the world.And that brings me to the point of my thread.A couple of weeks ago my good lady wife and myself decided to treat ourselves to an early anniversary present ( 30 years married,fuck me ! ) anyway we booked a package for the weekend at the wolves game.Lunch in the citizens lounge ( where we met C.Bell,T.Hutchinson,and P.Barnes ) and of course seats for the match.So just over a week ago i posted on bluemoon did anyone know of a decent hotel where we could have a long weekend,i had some good replies,but from one poster in particular we got a lot more than we expected,so step forward and take a bow, Antony (t-pot ) He not only help us out over the weekend (and how !) but provided in league with my wife and myself the biggest laugh and fun we have ever had on a friday night for years ( i said no sniggering at the back you boys ! )To say you could not make it up is to put it mildly ! Antony your a legend and we will be telling our grandkids that story for years ! from my wife and myself many,many thanks,and it you ever need any help or accomadation on this side of the water our spare bedroom is at your disposal.Now i come to my second thank you,around about the same time i was having trouble with internet speed to my laptop,and once again a bluemoon member came up trumps.Step forward and take a bow, martin (murty ) not only did he tell me how to sort it out but also sent me step by step instructions on how to do it,needless to say my internet speed now has to be seen to be belived,many thanks again Martin.

And that boys and girls is my particular tribute to the good ship bluemoon and all who sail in her.We are without doubt at the end of the day, as i said one big family,all cousins ready to help each other out.I for one stand ready,willing and able to help anyone that i can in any way that i can as i'am sure you are as well.Finally i would just like to add i feel very proud to be a member of this forum,and i consider the day i joined now to be one of the best days i have had in my suport of city for over 40 years.Good luck and good health to you all and thanks for taking the time to get through this quite long thread.ps...........................................COME ON CITY !

Being nice won't impress anyone. You need to throw some unnecessary abuse into your posts. Basically, you need to man up, you big blouse.

Vicky said:
Actually Im thinking of making a move, I have really had enough of the Ukraine. I love Germany. I have been there many times but after all this time here I will be looking at a little paradise...Tailand maybe. I have seen some pictures and it looks just the place..White sands, palm tree's and good night life..And not to expensive I hear..Sounds like just the ticket...

Bit too late to join the Ukraine love-in? I had 3 months staying in Kiev at the Ukrainia Hotel at Independence Square a couple of years ago too......

Kiev is spectacular, a city that terrifies you as much as it delights you, loved the churches, of course found Eriks and Fridays and could spend hours in that big market hall (near Fridays I think?)

But most of all, I miss the grumpiest lady in the world who ran the floor of the hotel, is that a Ukrainian thing? She sat near the lifts and ruled the floor like it was her own personal kingdom. Turns out she was sweet as anything in the end.

It took me weeks not to refuse crumpled or torn banknotes when I got home. And I do remember the Ukrainian women's fashion sense - spectacular, and the policewomen seemed to dress the same way?

leithblue said:
Vicky said:
Actually Im thinking of making a move, I have really had enough of the Ukraine. I love Germany. I have been there many times but after all this time here I will be looking at a little paradise...Tailand maybe. I have seen some pictures and it looks just the place..White sands, palm tree's and good night life..And not to expensive I hear..Sounds like just the ticket...

But most of all, I miss the grumpiest lady in the world who ran the floor of the hotel, is that a Ukrainian thing? She sat near the lifts and ruled the floor like it was her own personal kingdom. Turns out she was sweet as anything in the end.

No, it was a communist thing..... they used to employ people just to watch foreigners come in and out, who they were with etc... a bit like the toilets and bathrooms being at the end of the corridor, although I imagine they were ensuite when you stayed... and as for the fashion, the customs girls dressed like that too...brilliant

Boots_ said:
poh said:
Before i joined bluemoon i had a good look around the board and well,to be honest i was a bit intimidated.There where so many views on so many subjects re' city that it made my head spin at times.I saw views posted which were polite,made sense,and also made a very good point,on the other hand there were views which were rude,made no sense whatsoever, and made no point at all (off couse these are my views entirely )Replies on various subjects could contain,threats,putdowns,humour and almost every possible comeback you could think off.So after a while i got into things and started to post some views myself,which contained swearing,humour etc' and started having a ball.i left it to my 100 post mark before i have the nerve to start a thread myself (i thought that this was the right number at the time ) and started having a bigger ball (no sniggering at the back you boys ! )

Around about this time i also notice something else about bluemoon.Instead of feeling imtimidated i began to feel a sense of belonging,a sense of being part of one big city family with cousins all over the world.And that brings me to the point of my thread.A couple of weeks ago my good lady wife and myself decided to treat ourselves to an early anniversary present ( 30 years married,fuck me ! ) anyway we booked a package for the weekend at the wolves game.Lunch in the citizens lounge ( where we met C.Bell,T.Hutchinson,and P.Barnes ) and of course seats for the match.So just over a week ago i posted on bluemoon did anyone know of a decent hotel where we could have a long weekend,i had some good replies,but from one poster in particular we got a lot more than we expected,so step forward and take a bow, Antony (t-pot ) He not only help us out over the weekend (and how !) but provided in league with my wife and myself the biggest laugh and fun we have ever had on a friday night for years ( i said no sniggering at the back you boys ! )To say you could not make it up is to put it mildly ! Antony your a legend and we will be telling our grandkids that story for years ! from my wife and myself many,many thanks,and it you ever need any help or accomadation on this side of the water our spare bedroom is at your disposal.Now i come to my second thank you,around about the same time i was having trouble with internet speed to my laptop,and once again a bluemoon member came up trumps.Step forward and take a bow, martin (murty ) not only did he tell me how to sort it out but also sent me step by step instructions on how to do it,needless to say my internet speed now has to be seen to be belived,many thanks again Martin.

And that boys and girls is my particular tribute to the good ship bluemoon and all who sail in her.We are without doubt at the end of the day, as i said one big family,all cousins ready to help each other out.I for one stand ready,willing and able to help anyone that i can in any way that i can as i'am sure you are as well.Finally i would just like to add i feel very proud to be a member of this forum,and i consider the day i joined now to be one of the best days i have had in my suport of city for over 40 years.Good luck and good health to you all and thanks for taking the time to get through this quite long thread.ps...........................................COME ON CITY !

Being nice won't impress anyone. You need to throw some unnecessary abuse into your posts. Basically, you need to man up, you big blouse.

I already said the bacon for breakfast in the hotel was a bit disapointing,how's that for manning up eh,eh,you want some !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.