A Win tomorrow and then against Arsenal and it's ...

We have just passed 1/3 mark o the league. It’s a marathon, not a sprint. It seems since week 2 we get things like this in the media. Teams have thrown away far bigger leads with less games left. City is super favourite, but one game at a time

Bilboblue said:
If we win our next two games, I will be amazed if we don't win the league.

you can't take anything for granted Bilbo as it's still too early into the season...

for instance, here are a few 'what ifs':

- several of our key players get injured (broken legs, ligaments, muscle tears)

- we incur bookings and red cards and have other players suspended

- we get unlucky with refereeing decisions (and I mean horrendously bad ones that cost us games)

.. and because of the above we are drawing or losing games but other teams are winning?

still a long way to go, a very long way; even if it were March nothing would be guaranteed as things stand now, so I wouldn't be counting chickens just yet.

(which isn't to say I'm not confident about our capabilities, but until the fat lady sings the opera ain't over)

Mancini has proven himself in competitions that he deems important. Last year they got bounced from the League Cup and came up with a massive win against Chelsea. Now they're out of CL but Chelsea are there again for the picking, I expect them to exploit their weakened defense and make this another statement game.

I would accept 4 points right now from next two matches.

Arsenal is on form, Chelsea is starting to hit it, they have 3 wins in a row, all was 3-0.

4 points against them and we have only 1 away big match left to 2012. Arsenal away. And still have a good 3 point gap.

But the really magic 3 points will be Stoke h, WBa a, Sunderland a, this 9 points is something important, and wont be easy, it will be hell to get this 9 points.

If we win the next two I'm going to find it awfully hard not to get giddy about our title prospects.

4 points from our next two would be very good, 6 would be dreamland.

To be honest a draw tonight and then a win against the Arse would be fantastic. We have a couple of games coming up then which on current form you would have us down to win and we could head into the new year in a healthy position. Remember while being top brings pressure upon us it also brings on every tean chasing as well - they know they have to win every bit as often as we do to keep in the hunt. Still a very long way to go though and while I like the 4-front march towards silverwear, you imagine something will have to give sooner or later.... or maybe not!

stimo said:
gota feeling we will trounce chelsea, but then arsenal will scrape a 1-0 at our place. we've gotta lose at some point!

cant see us losing to ANYONE this season at home................*crosses fingers* or away

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.