A win tonight and best start ever in the top flight!

Whatever happened to our fans having a winning mentality. Some are losing the match for us before we've even started playing. Where's your belief in the team?

Tommy Dickfingers said:
Polari said:
Happy with a point? No chance. There's no good reason why we shouldn't win tonight.

Will be a very tough game, it's got 1-1 written all over it.

i really fancy us to win this game 2 or 3 -1 maybe, but wouldnt be upset with a draw. when somebody put up a villa site a couple of days ago the villa fans in the main thought they would be beaten by us

Polari said:
Cheltblue said:
So you would be unhappy with a point, away at Villa???

Yes. That doesn't mean I'm going to be calling for the manager to be sacked, but I'll be really disappointed because I think our team is better than that and with a win we'll establish ourselves as genuine title contenders.

If you mean 'yes' you would be happy with a point then now i agree 100% with you.

There are plenty of matches which help define our credentials as serious title contenders but away games to the top 5 or 6 clubs have to be seen as bonus wins for this season at least. But you're right in that a win tonight, which is very possible, and you get the feel that something special could be coming our way this very season.

C_T_I_D said:
Whatever happened to our fans having a winning mentality. Some are losing the match for us before we've even started playing. Where's your belief in the team?

Rubbish, there's not one mention of losing in this topic, a draw however is realistic.

Some people seem to think we'll win every match now forever more, personally I've seen no sign of that, we play some good stuff but so far never for more than 15-20 minutes in a go.

To beat teams like Villa at home, we need to play well for 90 minutes not 20, they have the sort of platers who can win this game, just like we do. It should be a good game, but BOTH teams are capable of winning it.

Reading some of the comments on here in the last couple of days, it looks like there will be a huge moan fest if we "only" draw, and that is frankly ridiculous.

cleavers said:
C_T_I_D said:

Rubbish, there's not one mention of losing in this topic, a draw however is realistic.

Some people seem to think we'll win every match now forever more, personally I've seen no sign of that, we play some good stuff but so far never for more than 15-20 minutes in a go.

To beat teams like Villa at home, we need to play well for 90 minutes not 20, they have the sort of platers who can win this game, just like we do. It should be a good game, but BOTH teams are capable of winning it.

Reading some of the comments on here in the last couple of days, it looks like there will be a huge moan fest if we "only" draw, and that is frankly ridiculous.

Agreed, our concentration has to peak for 90 mins tonight, not just the first half salvos that have seen us through to now.
Blackburn, Wolves, Portsmouth, rags all gave us frightners in the second half, tonight will tell us if we are strong enough to handle a side that will punish us for any lapse in concentration.

If we play like we have been we can win any game. It would be a mistake to take anything for granted. Their long ball game and greyhounds up front give all teams a problem.

To be fair it would be a good point and I wouldn't be gutted but I am hoping for a win and a great way to go into the international break again.

Come on you blues.

Of course we can "win" but lets be realistic, Villa is a hard place to go and MON knows how to set his stall out. We shall see.............

C_T_I_D said:

I've not read one quote on here from anyone who thinks we will lose? I think you're trying to twist people's words. We should aim to win, and have a very good chance of winning, but my point was that away from home against good sides, a point is not bad! There's a fine line from going all out for a win away from home and then losing. All I was saying is we need a composed mature performance tonight.

And for what its worth city to win 2-1!

C_T_I_D said:

It's not the fans who need a "winning mentality" it's the players.

The fans need to be patient, supportive and realistic.

You are blurring the lines between fans and players

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.