A year ago today......

Bobby saved our season because with Hughes we would've been lucky to finish 8th. As for the sacking, it was unwelcome in the way it was done mainly because of the grief the board received, a lot of it from the fans which I found disgusting. However, I felt no sympathy toward Hughes, he'd been given an amazing opportunity to bring success with us that would've had his name connected to it forever, but he ballsed it up and ultimately I just looked upon him as the same old rag who was fecking up our hopes for the season. Bob at times has been frustrating but you can't blame him when the players have choked in important games, but its coming together now and I hope he's our manager for many years to come.

Lomas has a lob on said:
How Hughes was sacked will always be a shame, but Mancini cant be blamed for any of that. Last season Mancini knew he couldn't change to much mid season, so he made us alot harder to beat , which some people hated because perhaps we did lose a bit of attacking spark, but saying that, once Mancini got to grips with the league we did start looking more attacking towards the end, Chelsea, Burnley, Wolves away, Villa and Wigan at home springing to mind. But as soon as Mancini got a pre season to get his players in, we have never looked back, ok at times this season there has been signs of the old caution, but that stopped as soon as Silva, Yaya etc had adapted to the league, and got rid of there World cup hangovers, now we look a proper team with solid foundations, hard to score against, but great going forward with all players good on the ball. Right now this the best City team I have ever witnessed, and its only going to get better, were very lucky to have Mancini.
sums up my take on it... in the beginning a bit rollercoaster... everyone expecting the sky with no chance of getting the things right... we had some bad luck in meeting Stoke i feb... was it 4 times? but the longer the season went the better we played... three major blips and that would be the spurs game + the 2 games against everton... but we must not forget that Spurs were in an amazing run of form beating chelsea, arsenal and us in consecutive games... one defeat in any of those games and we would have gotten the 4th...

love the guy. You have to give managers time to do things their way. A football club is a slow moving vessel and it takes a year to halt it, re-fuel it, and point it in the right direction. Mancio's done that now and it's now full steam ahead on the voyage of lurrrrve! :)

who would have thought it that a year from his sacking the next best young british manager would take fulham to the dizzy heights of 4th bottom and get into a relegation dogfight....

genius at work....

manimanc said:
who would have thought it that a year from his sacking the next best young british manager would take fulham to the dizzy heights of 4th bottom and get into a relegation dogfight....

genius at work....

Now answer the question the thread is about, or at least touch on it.

de niro said:
manimanc said:

genius at work....

Now answer the question the thread is about, or at least touch on it.
wow,it`s you again,can you actually stalk somebody on a forum?

am beginning to feel a bit violated by you young man..

so you want me to answer the thread?

ok,here goes...a year ago today i was at glasgow airport travel inn..

how`s that?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.