Aalborg?

No no no, if you want to see the 1/8 match i Aalborg, then you have to be a member of the FC Copenhagen travelclub. Then you have to get your ass to our shop at Parken, and buy tickets;-) Hope to see all of you in Aalborg..

You can become a member right here: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.fck.dk/fanzone/fck_away/tilmelding/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fck.dk/fanzone/fck_away/tilmelding/</a>

Ha ha!!! If the UNTHINKABLE happens and FCK somehow manage to get through instead of us (NO CHANCE!!!), I think we should still go to Aalborg and have a UEFA Cup farewell party with our Danish friends!

If we do get through to play Aalborg, and win, wat happens with the draw? is it a staright out of the hat draw, no seeded teams?

No doubt UEFA have a simple system for it.

All teams go into a hat. They're all picked out in random. Then the order they're picked out it, they choose someone with the same first letter in their name as in their team name (e.g. For Manchester City, they'd pick a bloke called Mike). They stand all these people in order of the way the teams came out. Then roll a giant bowling ball at them. The ones left standing are then seeded. The ones that were knocked down by the bowling ball then go back into the hat in terms of how tall they are, and it's then these people who are matched with the seeds (the ones not knocked down by the big bowling ball).

The seeds and people back in the hat are then drawn by two people. The person picking the balls out of the hat is determined by a game of 'paper, scissors, stone'.

UEFA - Simplicity at its best.

I'm a big City fan, but an even bigger Aalborg BK fan (or "AaB" as they are called in Denmark). I currently live in Aarhus.

Here is my service guide for all you lovely city fans coming to Denmark.

Aarhus airport is located about an hour northeast of Aarhus. Because Aalborg also is north of Aarhus it may be a detour to go to Aarhus first. There are the following options.

Bus Airport-Aarhus: 45 min. 90 kr (10 gbp). 125 kr. (14.80 gbp) for a 24-h fare.
Train Aarhus-Aalborg: Just under 1h30m. 164 kr (19.42 gbp)

Bus 212 Airport-Randers: 1 hour. Leaves every hour. Around 70 kr. (8 gbp)
Train Randers-Aalborg: 1 hour. 94 kr. (11.13 gbp)

A little bit cheaper to go via Randers.

From Billund probably takes 3-4 hours. Bus to Vejle and a north bound train through Aarhus to Aalborg.

Of course it all depends if we can settle things at Riazor and CoMS.... Hope to see you soon.

gwailo said:
I'm a big City fan, but an even bigger Aalborg BK fan (or "AaB" as they are called in Denmark). I currently live in Aarhus.

Here is my service guide for all you lovely city fans coming to Denmark.

Aarhus airport is located about an hour northeast of Aarhus. Because Aalborg also is north of Aarhus it may be a detour to go to Aarhus first. There are the following options.

Bus Airport-Aarhus: 45 min. 90 kr (10 gbp). 125 kr. (14.80 gbp) for a 24-h fare.
Train Aarhus-Aalborg: Just under 1h30m. 164 kr (19.42 gbp)

Bus 212 Airport-Randers: 1 hour. Leaves every hour. Around 70 kr. (8 gbp)
Train Randers-Aalborg: 1 hour. 94 kr. (11.13 gbp)

A little bit cheaper to go via Randers.

From Billund probably takes 3-4 hours. Bus to Vejle and a north bound train through Aarhus to Aalborg.

Of course it all depends if we can settle things at Riazor and CoMS.... Hope to see you soon.

Have you got any idea how much it will be to rent a car for 2 days mate, from Billund Airport?

Is anyone who is on the Brum to Billund flight on the Tuesday thinking of spending that night in Billund then going to Aalborg on the wednesday? Just wondered seen as we don't arrive in Billund untill about 5.Then it looks like it will take at least 3 hours from Billund to Aalborg.

Craig said:
Is anyone who is on the Brum to Billund flight on the Tuesday thinking of spending that night in Billund then going to Aalborg on the wednesday? Just wondered seen as we don't arrive in Billund untill about 5.Then it looks like it will take at least 3 hours from Billund to Aalborg.

There is a group of 10 of us booked on that flight mate. we reckon it might be worth trying to book a coach If we can get enough blues, from Billund to Aalborg (I wouldnt have a clue how to book a coach though!). Its 96 miles away so should only take about an 1.30 hrs.

The reason the train takes so long is because you first need to get a bus to Vejile then take a train that goes all round the houses.

The other option would be to hire a couple of cars!

Ja Salford Blue said:
Craig said:

There is a group of 10 of us booked on that flight mate. we reckon it might be worth trying to book a coach If we can get enough blues, from Billund to Aalborg (I wouldnt have a clue how to book a coach though!). Its 96 miles away so should only take about an 1.30 hrs.

The reason the train takes so long is because you first need to get a bus to Vejile then take a train that goes all round the houses.

The other option would be to hire a couple of cars!

Dont stay in Billund there is nowt there, I went there for a (very) breif stop at the Midget game. Velje seemed to have a little more. Still not a patch on Aarhus.

Ok mate well a coach sounds like the best idea,suppose like you say though it depends on numbers(4 of us going).I looked at Billund before and it seems like it won't be a very lively place for a night out anyway,legoland seems about its only attraction!

Oh and Ive been told by a couple of rags and Celtic fans that Aalborg is a really good little place.Apparently you can get a drink till daft o'clock in the morning!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.