Aaron Mooy

Status
Not open for further replies.

EalingBlue2

City should get him over from Melbourne and on loan at a championship side or move him to New York. Hell of a player - best in a league by a mile, not sure if good enough for City but I reckon he could be a decent Prem squad player in a year or two. We need to get him to a better league and better team and give him a chance. No guarantee it will work but I reckon he's too good for A league and giving some of these guys a bigger chance can only motivate and push more players to strive for the mother club

City should get him over from Melbourne and on loan at a championship side or move him to New York. Hell of a player - best in a league by a mile, not sure if good enough for City but I reckon he could be a decent Prem squad player in a year or two. We need to get him to a better league and better team and give him a chance. No guarantee it will work but I reckon he's too good for A league and giving some of these guys a bigger chance can only motivate and push more players to strive for the mother club

hmmmmm ............. bush

99 times out of 100 these kind of threads get laughed at,

But the A-League is a physically strong league with some decent players in it.. and Mooy is ridiculously above anyone else in the league
Now he might not ever be good enough for City, and probably won't in all honesty, but he deserves a chance somewhere

Signing him and sending him on a loan to a premier league side wouldn't be a terrible plan, and there is no risk involved,

Putting it in a way that many won't, if you put Fernando in the Melbourne City side, he wouldn't offer as much as Mooy does
He certainly wouldn't look out of place on the bench we had saturday..

The MLS and A-League (Although MLS is much higher standard currently), are laughed at by most but some of the european greats such as villa, lampard, Gerrad + high calibre players like Dos santos, Keane etc have struggled this year (Although Keane has been fantastic overall)
The league has had a HUGE bump this year, with for example Altidore being seen as someone class in USA but awful in Europe
Hes come back to Toronto and been absolutely shocking, its too high a standard for him now, and there are some players playing at smaller MLS clubs who would walk into Villa for example currently

Saying he's the best in the Loafofbreadthief league is like saying I'm the best player for the dog and duck in Sunday League

He's got a lot of ability and takes a better set piece than anyone at the club.

Would do well at a mid to lower premier league side imo. But he'd have to choose the side carefully, the Melbourne City side is set up around him and he'd be much less effective in different systems.

Saying he's the best in the Loafofbreadthief league is like saying I'm the best player for the dog and duck in Sunday League
Vardy was that a year or two back and now he has them above us in the league. I don't know if he is good enough or not and no one will until he is given a chance at another club, but if we want the academy and the City football group to work we need to give it a go and having watched Melb and NY he is the one player who has something about him and deserves a chance of us loaning him to a much better team to see if he could be a squad player

He's got a lot of ability and takes a better set piece than anyone at the club.

Would do well at a mid to lower premier league side imo. But he'd have to choose the side carefully, the Melbourne City side is set up around him and he'd be much less effective in different systems.
Spot on , he has impressed me in a way no one in A League has, it would be a huge step up even to lower prem but I reckon he could be playing at a much higher level

He's excellent, if he's missing the chances are Melbourne will lose, OK they do lose when he plays as well sometimes but I'd he's on the pitch they tend to compete.

I mentioned this in the Melbourne City thread - but there have been strong links to him to the middle east.

He's clearly too good for the A league, but a move to the middle east I think would be a mistake - but would be a massive payday so can't blame someone for taking it with short careers.

I would think the premier league would be too much of a step up for him - but think he could do a great job for a Dutch or German team.

And to the person who was saying that replacing Mooy with Fernando would not deliver the same results - not shit - they play completely different roles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.