About Lescott

Halfpenny said:
He's a good defender, but he's not £24m good. Barcelona paid less for Dani Alves FFS.

No they didn't, they paid £30M or £34M euros, PLUS add ons. Alves is still the most expensive defender in the history of the game.

Does anyone else think we should of signed Hangeland over Lescott? not only would we have got him for half the money but he would absolutely dominate in the air at the back and he has the experience of captaining his country? if not over lescott, maybe the next defender on the list..

blueisintheblood said:
Does anyone else think we should of signed Hangeland over Lescott? not only would we have got him for half the money but he would absolutely dominate in the air at the back and he has the experience of captaining his country? if not over lescott, maybe the next defender on the list..

I think Hughes has gone for Lescott's greater prem league experience.

KenTheLandlord said:
Halfpenny said:
He's a good defender, but he's not £24m good. Barcelona paid less for Dani Alves FFS.

No they didn't, they paid £30M or £34M euros, PLUS add ons. Alves is still the most expensive defender in the history of the game.
So SSN doctored their list then. I should be more surprised than I am.

Hi there, Everton fan in peace.

Congratulations on signing Lescott. I truly believe although you may have paid over the odds, it wasn't by much as he is one of the top defenders in the league. Obviously a lot of fans have only seen him when we have been on live or when he gets a rare chance for England and then say he's average, or he's good but not that good. Trust me you will soon see when your watching him week in, week out that he's top class. As said in the first post he is so strong, he is fast and technically he is very good. He is also a good reader of the game and is a leader, always talking and organising as well as scoring a couple of goals.

You would be surprised but a lot of us are not bitter and wish him well. We realise that at 27 he will have more of a chance at winning trophies in his last 5-6 years at City than he would have had with us, due to our skint owner. Anyway good luck to Joleon and good luck to City, hopefully you will crack the "top 4" (at the expense of the redshite of course).

Arteta.6 said:

Congratulations on signing Lescott. I truly believe although you may have paid over the odds, it wasn't by much as he is one of the top defenders in the league. Obviously a lot of fans have only seen him when we have been on live or when he gets a rare chance for England and then say he's average, or he's good but not that good. Trust me you will soon see when your watching him week in, week out that he's top class. As said in the first post he is so strong, he is fast and technically he is very good. He is also a good reader of the game and is a leader, always talking and organising as well as scoring a couple of goals.

You would be surprised but a lot of us are not bitter and wish him well. We realise that at 27 he will have more of a chance at winning trophies in his last 5-6 years at City than he would have had with us, due to our skint owner. Anyway good luck to Joleon and good luck to City, hopefully you will crack the "top 4" (at the expense of the redshite of course).
cheers... im very happy to read that

Arteta.6 said:

Cheers mate,top man.Have a good season.Good luck in the europa league,we had some great trips last year.If you get a german side,go, it's great out there.

Halfpenny said:
KenTheLandlord said:
So SSN doctored their list then. I should be more surprised than I am.

Yep, they are deffo wrong.

alextrueblue said:
who%20cares.jpg

supply and demand people.
we demanded him and everton supplied him.
simples!

THANKYOU.

SOME PEOPLE ARE SOOOO STOOPID!!!

Rags paid £29.5mil for Lip years ago, in today's economy that is around £35mil+. It's now down to Lescott to show us why he has cost us so much and be instrumental in making us a top 4-6 team and pushing his way into the England team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.