About Lescott

Arteta.6 said:
Hi there, Everton fan in peace.

Congratulations on signing Lescott.....

Top post. Seen him a couple times and always looks good to me. Good luck to you guys in Europe.

Lescott became the 2nd RSC in my eyes. Hughes wanted him and told the owners to do the deal at any costs. Would have prefered to have not given Everton so much money, but still think he will be a good buy

Arteta.6 said:

Congratulations on signing Lescott. I truly believe although you may have paid over the odds, it wasn't by much as he is one of the top defenders in the league. Obviously a lot of fans have only seen him when we have been on live or when he gets a rare chance for England and then say he's average, or he's good but not that good. Trust me you will soon see when your watching him week in, week out that he's top class. As said in the first post he is so strong, he is fast and technically he is very good. He is also a good reader of the game and is a leader, always talking and organising as well as scoring a couple of goals.

You would be surprised but a lot of us are not bitter and wish him well. We realise that at 27 he will have more of a chance at winning trophies in his last 5-6 years at City than he would have had with us, due to our skint owner. Anyway good luck to Joleon and good luck to City, hopefully you will crack the "top 4" (at the expense of the redshite of course).

Great to know that I have been well informed.
Lecott and Toure, Zab and ever improving performances from Bridge. Back up Of Ned,Micah,Dunnie (hopefully), Komps and Sylvihnio. Fantastic!

KenTheLandlord said:
Halfpenny said:
He's a good defender, but he's not £24m good. Barcelona paid less for Dani Alves FFS.

No they didn't, they paid £30M or £34M euros, PLUS add ons. Alves is still the most expensive defender in the history of the game.

34m Euro was about £25m at the time of purchase. (£0.79 to the Euro)

We paid 40m Euro for Robinho which was £32.5m at the time of purchase. (£0.81 to the Euro)

Arteta.6 said:

Congratulations on signing Lescott. I truly believe although you may have paid over the odds, it wasn't by much as he is one of the top defenders in the league. Obviously a lot of fans have only seen him when we have been on live or when he gets a rare chance for England and then say he's average, or he's good but not that good. Trust me you will soon see when your watching him week in, week out that he's top class. As said in the first post he is so strong, he is fast and technically he is very good. He is also a good reader of the game and is a leader, always talking and organising as well as scoring a couple of goals.

You would be surprised but a lot of us are not bitter and wish him well. We realise that at 27 he will have more of a chance at winning trophies in his last 5-6 years at City than he would have had with us, due to our skint owner. Anyway good luck to Joleon and good luck to City, hopefully you will crack the "top 4" (at the expense of the redshite of course).

Wolves fan here, and I also agree with what is said above.
The guy was immense for us during his time here and all Wolves fans knew he was far too good for us and believed he would take the prem by storm. From all accounts he has done and he's also improved while at Everton.

He's a top class defender, very strong and a great reader of the game. He's the best player i've ever seen in a Wolves shirt and he deserves this chance.

Worth mentioning he also played out of position for almost an entire season at Everton and I think he won there player of the season that year.

Yes you may have paid over the odds, but thats football. I think he will be worth every penny!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.