About to lose my job, looking to start a new career, any advice please...

KDB Fan

Apologies for the negativity but I'm currently working a dead-end office job on below average pay and about to be made redundant unfortunately but I have a mortgage to pay off and all the usual financial liabilities so would like to retrain doing something as soon as possible so I don't lose my home and ideally something that gets me out of the office.

I don't enjoy working on a computer but would love to do a trade or job that gets me out the office/house and doing something else I suppose. Does anybody have any good suggestions for jobs that fit the bill? I was thinking of going into plumbing but have been warned against it...I'm 29 btw if that's any help living in Manchester?

Apologies for the negativity but I'm currently working a dead-end office job on below average pay and about to be made redundant unfortunately but I have a mortgage to pay off and all the usual financial liabilities so would like to retrain doing something as soon as possible so I don't lose my home and ideally something that gets me out of the office.

I don't enjoy working on a computer but would love to do a trade or job that gets me out the office/house and doing something else I suppose. Does anybody have any good suggestions for jobs that fit the bill? I was thinking of going into plumbing but have been warned against it...I'm 29 btw if that's any help living in Manchester?
Huge shortage of bricklayers, well paid trade if you can master it. Salford tech used to run courses. No pun intended.

Trains...

Mate of mine got a job recently at Northern Rail as a ticket inspector. He's on £34k a year. Works 9 days straight then 5 days off.

Lucky bastard.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.