About to turn 50

splinter

Team supported
Manchester city
So is it any good is 50 the new 40 ..any positives or is it all down hill.

You know that small pain you used to have that goes after a few days - it’s now weeks or months.

The bruise you got that disappears after a few weeks, it’s now permanent.

The realisation that you have become your parents, hits home.

You are beginning to think Radio 2 plays too much modern music.

You will be thinking about dying the rest of your hair to match the greys, of the few that remain.

Walking into a public place, you’ll gravitate to the other half of the population demographic than you have been doing.

You’ll be on 1st name terms with your GP in 5 years.

On the bright side… <tumbleweed>

I'm 64 today but, as quoted below, it's all about how old you feel, your choice mate.
I've recently turned 50 and things haven't started dropping off me....yet.

In my head I still think I'm 16 and it's 1989, that gets me through most days :)
This, all day long, I'm much younger in my head. Keep on keeping on.

You know that small pain you used to have that goes after a few days - it’s now weeks or months.

The bruise you got that disappears after a few weeks, it’s now permanent.

The realisation that you have become your parents, hits home.

You are beginning to think Radio 2 plays too much modern music.

You will be thinking about dying the rest of your hair to match the greys, of the few that remain.

Walking into a public place, you’ll gravitate to the other half of the population demographic than you have been doing.

You’ll be on 1st name terms with your GP in 5 years.

On the bright side… <tumbleweed>
You didn’t mention the forgetfulness (I’ll put that down to your age) which has its benefits, you’ll certainly forget that list above has happened to you!

I’m 51 now but these are a few things that have changed….

- You need to put extra effort in to exercise a bit more and eat better
- More frequent aches and pains from exercise, and sometimes even without exercise
- You no longer fully understand much younger people; you realise you’re turning into a FOC
- You need to consider or even plan bucket list activities …..I’m still working through mine
- Health and mortality comes to the fore
- You think about upgrading your appearance, wardrobe etc

Fuck me that sounds miserable……upside is hopefully you are more financially secure in your 50’s and have paid off mortgage and have an early retirement plan. I’ve also found that I’m thinking less about work and more about hobbies and things I like to do for me….

Will women find me more attractive now I'm mature..I've still got all my teeth

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.