Abu Dhabi stops projects and cancels some others.

S04 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
maybe they should stop building random stuff and instead, if they want a good tourism industry, make going there a tiny bit affordable for ordinary folk instead of posting up lovely adverts to go there at every game then want an arm and a leg to visit.

it scuppered my hopes for a xmas holiday for sure.

Ah, they cater mostly for people from arab-countries and asia, the whole of Abu Dhabi is rather upmarket really.

then why stick adverts in a stadium full of north west englishmen and women?

you'd have thought by the way they blabber on they want us to go there, by the prices unless you're on L2 central it ain't worth it.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
S04 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
maybe they should stop building random stuff and instead, if they want a good tourism industry, make going there a tiny bit affordable for ordinary folk instead of posting up lovely adverts to go there at every game then want an arm and a leg to visit.

Ah, they cater mostly for people from arab-countries and asia, the whole of Abu Dhabi is rather upmarket really.

you'd have thought by the way they blabber on they want us to go there, by the prices unless you're on L2 central it ain't worth it.

No one buys adverts for the matchgoing public really..What does say AON mean to anyone in the UK really?
It´s all about international markets. You know that City sell twice as many shirts outside the UK as within?

JoeMercer'sWay said:
S04 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

Its rather naive of you to think that the pitch-side ad's are targeting the 47k people in the stadium mate.

fbloke said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
S04 said:

Its rather naive of you to think that the pitch-side ad's are targeting the 47k people in the stadium mate.

no the on-screen video ads, who else are they aimed at seeing as the only people who see them at the game are...well...us?

The bottom line is our owners will won't us to be self sufficient and making money in the future so we don't need money keep being pumped in

fbloke said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
S04 said:

Yes, what is Etisalat anyhow?

Phleeper said:
fbloke said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

Yes, what is Etisalat anyhow?

Next time you are in the Middle East then pick yourself up a mobile and give them a call.

;-)

the campus will go ahead and the hotel will be built, the only project that

our owners are dwelling over is 2.8b housing project.

dont bother too ask for name of sourse it will not be forth coming.

Wreckless Alec said:
That was the serious part of my post. Any rival (or fellow blue, for that matter)who regards this as the beginning of the end is sadly deluded. I'd hate to think what would happen if our owners were as strapped for cash as, taking a random example, the Glazers ! I'd love to know what's really going on in tehir business "empire".

The big difference mate is that the rags actually make money. If the Glazers walked away, United would still be profitable and viable. If the unthinkable happened and our owners walked away, we couldn't pay the electricity bill. I am not for one moment expecting this to happen, but it is a scary thought.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.