Accounts are out for 2017/18 - revenues over £500m, profit of £10.4m

Actually I think we may be heading for a loss this financial year.

Expect another rise then.

PB. Sincere apologies for not replying to your PM yet. Totally forgot. Will reply tomorrow Morning. Appreciate it’s a bit late now.

At last! A well thought post after the news broke about this season’s revenues on the Rag Cafe City thread........

Their revenues are sky rocketing yet they can't fill their ground and they have nothing like the international footprint of the other big clubs.

Hmmmmm...

It’s blowing their minds.

34 years is long forgotten. Just empty seats and anything else they can come up with now.

They are rapidly running out of straws to clutch to.

...or bringing back the old fans who left because of the price, or bringing in lots of 20-35 year olds on cheap seasoncards.
On the OS the 17/18 report has lots of additional stats, per section.

One which stood out to me was the following:
Average number of years match day fans have been going: 20

Now that’s a big number.
It shows loyalty and long term dedication.

But it could also be argued, it shows that there aren’t as many new match going fans , as you’d like to see.

Don’t know if there are figures, showing whether this average number of years is reducing over each year, which would be a good thing, or increasing, which would be a bad thing - for long term new fan engagement

Any idea how the 230m commercial income is adding up?

I guess this comes together from lot of small/big sponsors, even the friendly summers tours and Nike, Etihad, Nissan etc but does anyone have the rough numbers with these deals per year?
Is Etihad still on that 40m per year deal for shirt +stadium naming deal?
Is Nike still on that 10-12 per year?
etc.

What else is included into commercial income apart from sponsor money? I guess selling shirts/other items trough mcfc website.

All that lovely oil money and it’s all
Ours :-)... Hope the media, pundits and clueless fans choke on those figures.....!!!

I noticed the article I read had the sentence, Big Spending City... !
The bitteness is palpable but we can rest assured, tomorrow it will all be dirty oil money again, can’t have any facts getting in the way of the future headlines, rag and dipper rants now can we...!

Last edited:
Any idea how the 230m commercial income is adding up?

I guess this comes together from lot of small/big sponsors, even the friendly summers tours and Nike, Etihad, Nissan etc but does anyone have the rough numbers with these deals per year?
Is Etihad still on that 40m per year deal for shirt +stadium naming deal?
Is Nike still on that 10-12 per year?
etc.

What else is included into commercial income apart from sponsor money? I guess selling shirts/other items trough mcfc website.
Concerts and other events at the stadium plus merchandise are the other things hat make up commercial revenue. I assume the money Amazon have paid us for 'All or Nothing' will also be in there.

I think the Etihad deal is now at £55m a year, which I'd guess is something like £40m for the shirt, £10m for the stadium & £5m for the Campus naming rights. None of those deals are out of line with the market and even if Etihad decided not to sponsor us, someone else would step up for the same sort of money. In fact there was a study by Duff & Phelps that reckoned we could potentially get nearly £20m for stadium naming rights in theory. https://www.duffandphelps.com/about...premier-league-stadium-naming-rights-increase

Then, as well as Etihad, we've 3 other Abu Dhabi-based sponsors out of the other 19 Global & Regional partners we have. I'd be staggered if these three paid us more than £15m a year in total, meaning £70m a year maximum is coming from Abu Dhabi (out of total revenue of £500m) £50m of which we would easily replace. Doing the maths on that means that we're getting maybe £20m a year that we might not get if we weren't owned by ADUG.

But as the whole point of ADUG owning us is to promote the country then it's hardly surprising that we're being sponsored by Abu Dhabi countries.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.