Actions speak louder than words.no agents no deals!

5knuckleshuffle said:
This has the makings of a failure in the transfer market. I dont care what anyones facts are or what they hear on the grapevine, we should as the worlds richest club be moving quicker.
I have heard the excuse that city are refusing to deal direct with agents and are letting Cook and Aldridge deal with everything but apparently the agents are making everything really difficult for them. Yes it adds up but to me its just gossip, but the more i think about it the more i realise it may be true. I remember Hughes saying in an interview they were refusing to work with agents and were doing things themselves.
Worrying me more day by day.

No Hughes and Cook didn't say they wouldn't be using agents. They stated that they wouldn't use agents who were looking to cash in on city's wealth and take a huge cut of any transfer fees! If they didn't use agents that would be called 'tapping up'!!!!

To be fair paddy, we should of done the ground work in preperation for the fucking in the last 4 months.

Maybe Garry and Mark are the no sex before marriage kind,

Yep, I think there's some truth to 'no agents, no deals' but I don't know how much for sure.

If its true, it might also explain why other clubs are rejecting our bids and pushing for extra - perhaps they're after the extra 10% that goes to the agents ?

I always thought it would be a risky strategy sidelining the agents. Time will tell, but I'm not too impressed with the lack of activity.

Still can't see enough quality/impact signings coming in. Mighty glad we've got Wayne Bridge though.

5knuckleshuffle said:
This has the makings of a failure in the transfer market. I dont care what anyones facts are or what they hear on the grapevine, we should as the worlds richest club be moving quicker.
I have heard the excuse that city are refusing to deal direct with agents and are letting Cook and Aldridge deal with everything but apparently the agents are making everything really difficult for them. Yes it adds up but to me its just gossip, but the more i think about it the more i realise it may be true. I remember Hughes saying in an interview they were refusing to work with agents and were doing things themselves.
Worrying me more day by day.
you have to deal with agents.
every player has an agent who acts for the player. how else could you do it.

Well we may be thinking there's no rush and not to panic but the fact is that Hughes himself said he hopes to tie all, or at least the majority, of transfers up early. So where are they? Maybe we do have deals done behind the scenes? Anyway, all will be revealed soon. Just 3 more weeks staring at the screen and hitting refresh before the impending implosion of fans if we sign no-one else!

Can't see how you are all so ready to dismiss the signing of Bridge

How often do we sign a player from the top 4 who is a genuine top class talent?

There's plenty of time for a couple more, and we know from the news today that we are trying to sign Santa Cruz.......but then you probably don't rate him either

Marvin said:
Can't see how you are all so ready to dismiss the signing of Bridge

How often do we sign a player from the top 4 who is a genuine top class talent?There's plenty of time for a couple more, and we know from the news today that we are trying to sign Santa Cruz.......but then you probably don't rate him either
I think he is a class above TBH, but people said just the same thing about him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.