Actors/actresses who can't act

malg

I was watching Once Upon a Time in the Midlands last night, and got to thinking how lucky Ricky Tomlinson is. The guy purely and simply plays himself on screen, he can't act (Raining Stones, Brookside, The Royal Family - all the same part). The majority of soap actors are the same. The other one that springs to mind is Ray Winston. They get around it by saying the guys are typecast, but that just means that no directors trust them to play any other part as they can't act!

Do you have any others - any Hollywood ones spring to mind? Probably the most famous one is Sean Connery, or is that just because he plays every part with a Scottish accent? By the way, you're not allowed Steven Seagal or JCVD!

having met ricky tomlinson on many occasions , (tommo he is known as), I can state that you are right about him not acting and just being himself, he`s quite a funny guy without a script.

Pigeonho said:
Ray Winston's a class actor. Watch him in Nil By Mouth then watch him in The Departed. He's quality.

As for actors who can't act - the cast of El Dorado.
Add jimmy grumble to that not one of his best but does not play the usual hard man in that

Don't want anyone to get me wrong here, I like Ricky Tomlinson and enjoy most things he's in, I just don't believe he acts. Must admit that I forgot about Nil by Mouth, and Ray Winstone is brilliant in it - a bit like JCVD in JCVD!

malg said:
Don't want anyone to get me wrong here, I like Ricky Tomlinson and enjoy most things he's in, I just don't believe he acts. Must admit that I forgot about Nil by Mouth, and Ray Winstone is brilliant in it - a bit like JCVD in JCVD!

I thought JCVDs acting was really good in JCVD, infact I couldn't believe how good he was! Segall is useless as is the whole eastenders cast!

Am I being told that William Roache can't act?! Please don't say it, you'll break my heart!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.