Adam Johnson (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
greasedupdeafguy said:
bluemoon risin' said:
Jonno did not progress sufficiently in his time here. However, i will never understand Mancini signing him as an out and out left winger, to persist on him switching to become a right winger. Adam has his flaws but i dont agree that tracking back was one of them, as a winger should be in his position, ready to spring a counter attack. He was largely wasted on the right imo, as he had to cut back in to cross a ball on his natural left foot, and as a result his attacking impetus was wasted, plus he was closed down quicker. I can understand Adam's frustrations at lack of match time, but i don't think he's consistently done enough to justify being a regular starter, as when he has started a game, he has tended to drift in and out of games and lose concentrtion. He's done a lot better as a impact sub(David Fairclough style) scoring some important goals for us. I think returning to his native north East is a good move for him and i'm sure he'll do well at Sunderland, but he will no doubt be reverted back to his natural left wing to finally fulfil his true potential that we never really had the chance to see. I wish him well.
Doesn't have the pace to be a top left winger.

Never said he did, but he is a left winger and his game wil no doubt improve when O'neill restores him to his best position that we rarely saw.

thanks Adam johnson!

cheers for all the class goals and good luck with the rest of your career!

hope you hit the ground running back up north and are well and happy!

the rest is up to bluemoon.....

At least we made a profit on AJ!

Whilst I'm disappointed to see Adam Johnson go I can understand his reasons for wanting regular first team football. And at least we made a profit on him!

Without researching in depth, I can't remember a time in the recent past when we actually made a reasonable profit on a player. For example, we bought Anelka for something like £12m, sold him to Bolton for £7m only for them to sell him on for £15m.

We pretty much broke even selling Jerome Boetang but this week lost a fortune giving Adebayour to Spurs.

Anyone remember us making a decent profit since selling Gio to Ajaz? (and that was only £5m!)

ps. apart from SWP!!!!!

Didsbury Dave said:
Drewmanc said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I detest that mean-spirited, spiteful and brainless attitude amongst a small section of football fans. Thankfully it is only a small percentage of the low intelligence ones, not the majority view.

AJ is a great signing for Sunderland and I know he will fulfil his huge potential there given regular games and confidence.

Maybe that's his opinion and he's entitled to it, I too am glad AJ has gone, match of the day player, if there is a definition of one AJ is it. No need to label us who wanted AJ gone as low intelligence as I pretty much bet my IQ I'd considerably higher than yours.
For someone with a high iq your English is pretty poor.

It's not the sentiment of wanting him gone which bothers me. It's the tirade which goes with it. I see it every time a player leaves.

You are never going to stop degrading other people, are you?

citysince88 said:
baildon blue said:
Cant believe city have made a profroit on adam johnson of 4 million .A rare player who has made money 4 city good luck adam johnson

According to soccer Saturday we paid him off and then he took a pay cut !
Dont believe sky they also said sneijder was going to man united last year

Skashion said:
He did very well here, and his critics were harsh as he had a very high goals and assists to minutes played ratio. Very good super sub. If he wants more than that I can't begrudge him it.
Agreed did well off the subs bench

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.