Adam johnson fearless !

birchwoodgingerste

After watching last nights performance i am convinced adam johnson is going to be an England regular everytime he gets the ball his first thought is to take on the full back.he to me this season already looks sharper and half a yard qucker and has definately benifitted from a gud pre season.just want to say keep the good work up johnno us blues enjoy watching a wide player have a real go your a breath of fresh air well done.

Yer i thought johnno played amazing last night, he is the type of player we need who is willing to run at defenders and cause them trouble.

Thought he deserved man of match IMO but the whole team played great and hopefully they will carry it on!!

XD

He was top drawer last night. I get the same buzz when he gets the ball that I used to get when SWP got the ball.

Hopefully City can mould him into one of the top wingers in europe and a legend for the national squad.

He looks scottish though.

I would agree, however, I find it equally amusing when he decide to run straight through full backs and aays seems to emerge with the ball somehow.

Could be a world beater very soon. he does seem to have strengthened a lot over the summer.. maybe it was a blessing in disguise he didn't go to SA (although he would have vastly improved the team)

Whether AJ (or SWP) play will be based on tactical decision - passing game or running game.

We now have verstatile players such as Milner who offer us tactical flexibility by changing their position / role mid game and other players who bring particular talents to the team - De Jong, AJ, SWP - who sometimes will play and other timesw not.

Johnson, and to a different degree SWP, represent something rare in British football - the ability to run past defenders - Johnson has a great trick where he knocks the ball off his standing leg to go between two defenders.

In the Liverpool game this ability was invaluable against Daniel Agger centre back playing out of position.

AJ's passing record, however, did not match the rest of the midfield:
AJ - 24 successful out of 33 passes made
Barry - 48 / 53
DeJong - 41 / 43
Milner - 29 / 36
Yaya Toure - 36 / 37
Tevez - 23 / 26

NB: Gerrard - 49 / 63 outpassed by Barry and DeJong

Benchmark: Scholes - 78 / 83 Fulham; 76 / 85 Newcastle

Gorton Gruff said:
Whether AJ (or SWP) play will be based on tactical decision - passing game or running game.

We now have verstatile players such as Milner who offer us tactical flexibility by changing their position / role mid game and other players who bring particular talents to the team - De Jong, AJ, SWP - who sometimes will play and other timesw not.

Johnson, and to a different degree SWP, represent something rare in British football - the ability to run past defenders - Johnson has a great trick where he knocks the ball off his standing leg to go between two defenders.

In the Liverpool game this ability was invaluable against Daniel Agger centre back playing out of position.

AJ's passing record, however, did not match the rest of the midfield:
AJ - 24 successful out of 33 passes made
Barry - 48 / 53
DeJong - 41 / 43
Milner - 29 / 36
Yaya Toure - 36 / 37
Tevez - 23 / 26

NB: Gerrard - 49 / 63 outpassed by Barry and DeJong

Benchmark: Scholes - 78 / 83 Fulham; 76 / 85 Newcastle

Depends what kind of passses your trying, i doubt anyone had the same dribbling sucsess as AJ, Maybe a cross which a City player dosnt get on the end of counts as a misplaced pass, dosnt make it a bad ball.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.