Adam Johnson isn't going.

M22_blu said:
Firstly you have completley over rated how good johnson is. He has had half a season in a decent team where he shone against a few lesser teams but didnt really trouble any decent full back. It doesnt unbalance England as Ashley Cole will offer all the width we need down the left. Capello's worked closely with these players for the last few weeks so he would of knew if Johnson was ready or not. These players he's picked are the 1's he's used during qualifying and they didnt let him down plus experience counts for alot at these tournaments. Take off your blue tinted specs for a second and you'll see Johnson was never gonna be a key player in this world cup, he did well to get in the 30 and that experience will hold him well for the future but Capello made the right decision in not taking him.

I disagree, Johnson has looked good against pretty much everybody he played against, with the exception of Chelsea where he went missing a bit. The width issue I covered in my original post.

Your point about experience I also disagree with. Nobody is experienced until they are given a chance, and if experience counted for much in these tournaments, then Heskey will be the stand out player. Talent and form is much more important, AJ is a Premiership player, he can deal with pressure.

I don't have blue tinted specs, I can look at Johnson and see somebody who should have been taken purely because he offers something that nobody else in the England team does.

Capello is the same guy who dropped Beckham and told him he'd never play for Madrid again, until he forced his way back in (due to injuries) and won player of the season. He even admits it was a huge mistake now, he isn't infallible. Every reporter who watched the training session has said that Johnson was definitely the stand out player, so the idea that he didn't impress enough doesn't fit.

Capello is a twat.. He built Johnno up after the Mexico game, never gave him a minute against Japan and then left him at home..

One out an out winger in the squad.

Hope this doesn't hurt the lads confidence..

Fucking pathetic.

Absolutely fucking pathetic.

SWP has been shit all year, Joe Cole hasn't even fucking played and Aaron Lennon can run but not cross.

Yet Adam Johnson hasn't been picked.

I can only presume it's because Johnson refused to blow Postman Pat off.

CAPELLO IS A TWAT

Damocles said:
M22_blu said:
Firstly you have completley over rated how good johnson is. He has had half a season in a decent team where he shone against a few lesser teams but didnt really trouble any decent full back. It doesnt unbalance England as Ashley Cole will offer all the width we need down the left. Capello's worked closely with these players for the last few weeks so he would of knew if Johnson was ready or not. These players he's picked are the 1's he's used during qualifying and they didnt let him down plus experience counts for alot at these tournaments. Take off your blue tinted specs for a second and you'll see Johnson was never gonna be a key player in this world cup, he did well to get in the 30 and that experience will hold him well for the future but Capello made the right decision in not taking him.

I disagree, Johnson has looked good against pretty much everybody he played against, with the exception of Chelsea where he went missing a bit. The width issue I covered in my original post.

Your point about experience I also disagree with. Nobody is experienced until they are given a chance, and if experience counted for much in these tournaments, then Heskey will be the stand out player. Talent and form is much more important, AJ is a Premiership player, he can deal with pressure.

I don't have blue tinted specs, I can look at Johnson and see somebody who should have been taken purely because he offers something that nobody else in the England team does.

Capello is the same guy who dropped Beckham and told him he'd never play for Madrid again, until he forced his way back in (due to injuries) and won player of the season. He even admits it was a huge mistake now, he isn't infallible. Every reporter who watched the training session has said that Johnson was definitely the stand out player, so the idea that he didn't impress enough doesn't fit.

I agree with this.
pple are all taking about not taking AJ (disaster)

Just been confirmed.

So Carrick, Heskey, SWP, Carragher, and Upson all get a place but no room for a genuine in-form young talent like Johnson?

A complete and utter fucking joke. Johnson is the only wide man that is in red-hot form, and he was the only genuine winger the squad had, not forgetting he's the only winger capable of consistently whipping in quality balls from out wide.

It's a fucking travesty that Capello wouldn't find a place for him in the squad, he's one of the few players who'd have actually earned his place on form and not reputation.

My interest in England's WC hopes have now been halved.

Johnson wasn't even given the opportunity to show what he's capable of.

Leaves a really bitter taste in the mouth.

*singingtheblues* said:
Just been confirmed.

So Carrick, Heskey, SWP, Carragher, and Upson all get a place but no room for a genuine in-form young talent like Johnson?

A complete and utter fucking joke. Johnson is the only wide man that is in red-hot form, and he was the only genuine winger the squad had, not forgetting he's the only winger capable of consistently whipping in quality balls from out wide.

It's a fucking travesty that Capello wouldn't find a place for him in the squad, he's one of the few players who'd have actually earned his place on form and not reputation.

My interest in England's WC hopes have now been halved.

Johnson wasn't even given the opportunity to show what he's capable of.

Leaves a really bitter taste in the mouth.

Never mind mate, we have Heskey the fucking goal machine in the squad...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.