Adam Johnson - Needs to be given.....

Thought he was one of the few to play well tonight. Would have liked him to switch wings more often but otherwise he was good.

Ragnarok said:
I think tonight's game showed that Johnson is best used as an impact sub at the present time , after he develops some more , he can start regularly

agree!

Sub impact for the time being both at national and club level.

I feel like everyone seems to think he is already a complete player.

RM should really pull him out of the national squad (is it possible to do so?) for a few games and get him to concentrate more on his development. We at city know there is more to come from him and more development. I just hope he (AJ) knows this too.

It would be great to see AJ play in the ''hole'' and excel there but i really doubt that will happen anytime soon. Maybe the odd switch in roles during a match at best but i can't see him actually holding down a place there. The quality we have in the squad for that role, mainly Silva and Tevez will make it difficult. The priority at the moment is getting results so i doubt RM, knowing how cautious he can be, will want to do an experiment like that and risk failing in the process. If my memory serves me right i think he played in that role in one of the preseason matches and to be fair he was quite ineffective there. As exciting as he is, i sometimes laugh when people suggest he's the finished product and should start every game even ahead of Silva, i don't think AJ's quite there yet. At the moment he's an excellent impact sub.<br /><br />-- Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:16 pm --<br /><br />
DavidMCFC said:
squirtyflower said:
i couldn't

barry has been awful, he can't pass a ball 10 yards and he was terrible again tonight, i am not saying he is a bad player but he hasn't had a good season so far IMO

Nothing could be further from the truth. But yes, he was quite fraustrating tonight.

DavidMCFC said:
squirtyflower said:
i couldn't

barry has been awful, he can't pass a ball 10 yards and he was terrible again tonight, i am not saying he is a bad player but he hasn't had a good season so far IMO
Hahahahahahaha! That's a joke right?

redmizzle said:
DavidMCFC said:

Nothing could be further from the truth. But yes, he was quite fraustrating tonight.

Agreed, I'm not a great Barry fan, but I think he's been excellent for City this season.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
i think the truth lies somewhere in the middle with Barry this season.

but then again, a lot of the negatives about him came down to Mancini exposing him, so that's not really his fault.

how so?

i think barrys only issue is he seems to lose concentration sometimes.. was pretty obvious in the Juve game..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.