Adama Traore

He's gone from maybe 95% of his end product being absolute rubbish to maybe 80% of his end product being rubbish.

Donkey. Avoid.

I'd like to reiterate this. This fella is a faster version of Darren Huckerby, head down, run and see what happens.

Of course he's gonna find a teammate or find the net the odd time, but a player with that much pace should have WAY more goals and assists for a team like Wolves.

Also, he's not a teenager either. In his mid 20s and should have already cut the nonsensical stuff out of his game.

Navas, James, Walcott, Traore - I'd throw them all in the same "Speedy but average" file.
Traore is better than all of them even at 24..

Not saying id spend big money on him but he's a much more effective player than any of those mentioned. Fucking Navas couldn't beat a player to save his life.

Due to his truly outstanding physical attributes he'd be an asset for any team.

Would he be a starter over either Raz or Leroy, no, but would he be a useful player to change a game or rotate, yes.

He's lacking in brain and technique - that much is obvious - however, he is unstoppable when he gets at defenders and he's started to improve his final ball.

Due to his truly outstanding physical attributes he'd be an asset for any team.

Would he be a starter over either Raz or Leroy, no, but would he be a useful player to change a game or rotate, yes.

He's lacking in brain and technique - that much is obvious - however, he is unstoppable when he gets at defenders and he's started to improve his final ball.
This always gets me, how do you think he could possibly change a game in our favour?

If we're winning, we generally don't need to change. If we're losing, then teams usually sit back even deeper and defend like their life depends on it. Traore is fucking pointless in either situation due to his inability to retain possession, create chances against packed defences with his cultured right foot (sorry I couldn't resist) or score goals against anything other than a defence who give him 15 acres of space to run and shoot.

This always gets me, how do you think he could possibly change a game in our favour?

If we're winning, we generally don't need to change. If we're losing, then teams usually sit back even deeper and defend like their life depends on it. Traore is fucking pointless in either situation due to his inability to retain possession, create chances against packed defences with his cultured right foot (sorry I couldn't resist) or score goals against anything other than a defence who give him 15 acres of space to run and shoot.

Incredible isn't it? His stats are 5 goals in 89 games with 10 assists, not exactly mercurial for a striker and considering his reported asking price leads me to believe that the people who want him in a blue shirt need to put the Xbox controllers down.

All day long, whatever the price. He's so different than any other player in world football right now, to have his speed, size, power and dribbling ability in our squad would be vital. He reminds me of an NFL player or somebody like Jonah Lomu, somebody who can genuinely be a Plan B for us.

He needs a bit of work, and I would hope his attitude is spot on. I'd expect all that would progress quickly under Pep / playing our systems / playing with better players etc.

He improves us so it makes sense.

All day long, whatever the price. He's so different than any other player in world football right now, to have his speed, size, power and dribbling ability in our squad would be vital. He reminds me of an NFL player or somebody like Jonah Lomu, somebody who can genuinely be a Plan B for us.

He needs a bit of work, and I would hope his attitude is spot on. I'd expect all that would progress quickly under Pep / playing our systems / playing with better players etc.

Speed, power and size is great if you're playing percentages football (e.g. Sam Alladyce, David Moyes, Jose Mourinho, Ole Cockface) or you need a freak type cheat for FIFA.

We don't and never will. Technical ability and intelligence outweigh all other factors, and Traore has fucking none (ok very little, occasionally). Speed, power and size are bonuses, not essentials.

How does he work as a plan B against a deep defensive unit and our slow possession football played almost exclusively in front of their whole team? He can’t do any of the things he does for Wolves in our side. he’d Make a very good backup/rotation option for Liverpool or even united who play the football that would suit him but not us.

If Kyle Walker was a right winger and not a right back...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.