Adarabioyo joins Fulham on permanent deal

There isn't much point attracting them if they fuck off at the first chance they get. If a player(Garcia) has made his intentions clear then why should City basically develop him for another team?

If Barca want him and he wants to go, they can pony up. It is not for City to work on Garcia's/Barcelona's time table

As for Tosin, he might want to leave as well which would be very dissapointing. If our academy can't find a young centre-back who is willing to be 4th choice then we might as well forget about the idea and just use it as it's own profit centre. Which, it probably is anyway but with Tosin being local, I'd like to have thought we could sell him the idea of being reserve for a year and seeing how it goes

Every player we every sign is signed to a contract that has an end date. They will all leave in 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 years if us and them don't choose to renew. What do you recon, should we bang them into the EDS or make them train on their own if they've got only 2 or 3 years left and haven't brought a biro with them to sign again?

We make money on the academy players by selling them or by them leaving and us receiving a development fee.
The players who make the 1st team squad play for us, provide back up for those playing or both. We have a use for them in this season regardless of whether they play the next or the one after.

What we provide, as a business, is competitive football entertainment and the first team squad is the resource we call upon. Why should act adverse to our own needs by marginalising a valuable resource? Why would we act like the very worst of employers by being silly buggers trying to cheat our way out of our contracted commitments to those players?

How would you feel if say Aguero (or any other player), in his last year of contract suddenly downed tools because we wouldn't give him a further extension into the following season? Because that would be the equivalent of a player doing to us what you think we should do to Garcia et al, and it stinks, obviously.

What you'd expect would be for the player to act professionally and honour their commitments for the full tenure of the contract, and visa versa applies. So we should remain honourable by keeping our part of the bargain

What you're banging on about is wanting our football club to dishonour itself but that's just you trying to visit your standards on our club and you're wasting you time because they won't stoop that low.

Every player we every sign is signed to a contract that has an end date. They will all leave in 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 years if us and them don't choose to renew. What do you recon, should we bang them into the EDS or make them train on their own if they've got only 2 or 3 years left and haven't brought a biro with them to sign again?

We make money on the academy players by selling them or by them leaving and us receiving a development fee.
The players who make the 1st team squad play for us, provide back up for those playing or both. We have a use for them in this season regardless of whether they play the next or the one after.

What we provide, as a business, is competitive football entertainment and the first team squad is the resource we call upon. Why should act adverse to our own needs by marginalising a valuable resource? Why would we act like the very worst of employers by being silly buggers trying to cheat our way out of our contracted commitments to those players?

How would you feel if say Aguero (or any other player), in his last year of contract suddenly downed tools because we wouldn't give him a further extension into the following season? Because that would be the equivalent of a player doing to us what you think we should do to Garcia et al, and it stinks, obviously.

What you'd expect would be for the player to act professionally and honour their commitments for the full tenure of the contract, and visa versa applies. So we should remain honourable by keeping our part of the bargain

What you're banging on about is wanting our football club to dishonour itself but that's just you trying to visit your standards on our club and you're wasting you time because they won't stoop that low.

Garcia is not a valuble resource. He is a reserve/youth team player with 9 months left on his contract and he has signalled his intention to leave - why do we want to give first team expereicne and by a function of the improving them as a player just so he can play for another team? We are not Barcelona's feeder team. He wants to go, there are consquneces to handing in transfer requests and one of them is he can sit in the stands until a suitable bid comes in

Re the Aguero downing tools, plenty of players down tools when they don't their way. That is why they need to be sold before it escolates

Garcia needs selling asap and so do plenty of others. We finished 20 points behind, we need to make sharp changes an make examples of the likes of Stones(shit), Garcia(not committed) and Ota(passed it) and try and get the likes of Tosin to see there is a path to the first team squad

Keeping a player on the possibility that he gets his act together? If playing for a top club and having thousands of pounds slammed into your account every other week isn't enough incentive to "get your act together" then what could possibly motivate him to get his act together? I don't think the problem is getting his "act" together, I think the problem is he never had an "act" to begin with!

He has shown he has the ability. If he can find the consistency and keep free of injury, he is as good as pretty much anyone out there. IMO certainly better 3rd CB option than our other choices of Fernandinho, Otamendi, Garcia and Tosin.

Time will tell but I suspect he'll get another year at least. Fingers crossed that he makes the most of it.

Garcia is not a valuble resource. He is a reserve/youth team player with 9 months left on his contract and he has signalled his intention to leave - why do we want to give first team expereicne and by a function of the improving them as a player just so he can play for another team? We are not Barcelona's feeder team. He wants to go, there are consquneces to handing in transfer requests and one of them is he can sit in the stands until a suitable bid comes in

Re the Aguero downing tools, plenty of players down tools when they don't their way. That is why they need to be sold before it escolates

Garcia needs selling asap and so do plenty of others. We finished 20 points behind, we need to make sharp changes an make examples of the likes of Stones(shit), Garcia(not committed) and Ota(passed it) and try and get the likes of Tosin to see there is a path to the first team squad

Blimey, did you miss the end of last season?

IMO Garcia is most definitely a first team player, and that status was spelt out to me very clearly by him playing as a starter for the first team in the Premier League and Champions League.

You allude to him being somehow disloyal, but that's not right.
What's happened is that we've offered him a future contract and he's said thanks but no thanks. He simply doesn't want to agree to our offer of another contract after this one (in the same way that we may not have wanted to offer him one).
And he's not downed tools, he's an honourable young professional footballer and he will give his all on the pitch whenever chosen to do so.
Guardiola wouldn't select him if he had any doubts on that score, and Guardiola is much much closer to that situation than we can be.

Oh, and us finishing where we did in the PL was bad but it had nothing whatsoever to do with Garcia.
He performed extremely well for a guy of his age and experience whenever asked to do so, and our position relative to that lot didn't get any worse after Garcia started getting game time did it?

I think he could have been a very capable young squad player for us. A bit of good 'depth' to have around, who could have developed into something special, but I'm not arsed about him leaving when his contract is complete or, by agreement with the club, earlier.
Even if I was arsed I wouldn't get out of shape about it and start throwing all kinds of slander at the guy.
Everyone speaks well of the kid and I'm sure that you'd like him if you met him.

Blimey, did you miss the end of last season?

IMO Garcia is most definitely a first team player, and that status was spelt out to me very clearly by him playing as a starter for the first team in the Premier League and Champions League.

You allude to him being somehow disloyal, but that's not right.
What's happened is that we've offered him a future contract and he's said thanks but no thanks. He simply doesn't want to agree to our offer of another contract after this one (in the same way that we may not have wanted to offer him one).
And he's not downed tools, he's an honourable young professional footballer and he will give his all on the pitch whenever chosen to do so.
Guardiola wouldn't select him if he had any doubts on that score, and Guardiola is much much closer to that situation than we can be.

Oh, and us finishing where we did in the PL was bad but it had nothing whatsoever to do with Garcia.
He performed extremely well for a guy of his age and experience whenever asked to do so, and our position relative to that lot didn't get any worse after Garcia started getting game time did it?

I think he could have been a very capable young squad player for us. A bit of good 'depth' to have around, who could have developed into something special, but I'm not arsed about him leaving when his contract is complete or, by agreement with the club, earlier.
Even if I was arsed I wouldn't get out of shape about it and start throwing all kinds of slander at the guy.
Everyone speaks well of the kid and I'm sure that you'd like him if you met him.

I'm sure I would and if he ever needs a character referecne I'm sure someone at City would oblige

My point is, he isn't going to be here in 6-9 months so there is absolutley no point in letting him gain valuable expereicne for him to simply walk out of the door to a competitor - he says he wants to leave and one way or another City need to move on either by selling him or by sitting him in the stands

He should no longer be considered a City player as we should be looking at the medium/long term not the next few months.

Laporte. A Another. Ake and Tosin/Fern should be our CB options - we have no room for shit players or those that want to leave. Tosin would get plenty of opportunities if he stayed and if we can't sell that idea to a young player who has captained City at every level expect 1st team then we've got a big problem when it comes to youth players and the first team path way

I'm sure I would and if he ever needs a character referecne I'm sure someone at City would oblige

My point is, he isn't going to be here in 6-9 months so there is absolutley no point in letting him gain valuable expereicne for him to simply walk out of the door to a competitor - he says he wants to leave and one way or another City need to move on either by selling him or by sitting him in the stands

He should no longer be considered a City player as we should be looking at the medium/long term not the next few months.

Laporte. A Another. Ake and Tosin/Fern should be our CB options - we have no room for shit players or those that want to leave. Tosin would get plenty of opportunities if he stayed and if we can't sell that idea to a young player who has captained City at every level expect 1st team then we've got a big problem when it comes to youth players and the first team path way

My point is that we employ him until the end of his contract, whenever we and he decide that will be.
He's our resource until the day his contract ends, and if Pep wants him in the squad then that's for a reason.
Not only is he a useful resource to us while we have him, but pushing him out just because he won't take on another contract after this one ends would be punitive to the player, to the club and to the clubs reputation.

If we play him it will be because he can do a job for us.
Every player gains experience from playing, but him gaining experience wouldn't be the purpose.

My point is that we employ him until the end of his contract, whenever we and he decide that will be.
He's our resource until the day his contract ends, and if Pep wants him in the squad then that's for a reason.
Not only is he a useful resource to us while we have him, but pushing him out just because he won't take on another contract after this one ends would be punitive to the player, to the club and to the clubs reputation.

If we play him it will be because he can do a job for us.
Every player gains experience from playing, but him gaining experience wouldn't be the purpose.

We are also looing Tosin because we apparently can't convince him there is a place in the squad for him. I'd suggest giving that him the place of a player that has already told us he has no intention of staying. If these two are both gone in 9 months it will cost city a lot of hard cash to replace them

Fuck Garcia off(one way or the other) and give his place to a player that we can convince to stay and who has more expereicne and played very well through the whole of last season, by all accounts

Play players that want to be here, not glorified exchange students....

Let's leave it there

We are also looing Tosin because we apparently can't convince him there is a place in the squad for him. I'd suggest giving that him the place of a player that has already told us he has no intention of staying. If these two are both gone in 9 months it will cost city a lot of hard cash to replace them

Let's leave it there

I'd also rather have Tosin than Garcia. Not because Garcia wants out but I just don't rate him at all.

Stones and Fernandinho are still better than either though IMO, so Tosin would still be 5th or 6th choice (assuming we sig another CB) and understandably wants to go where he will get games. I'm sure if we wanted him, we could keep him. That suggests he's further down the pecking order than you perhaps think.

Fuck Garcia off(one way or the other) and give his place to a player that we can convince to stay and who has more expereicne and played very well through the whole of last season, by all accounts

Play players that want to be here, not glorified exchange students....

Let's leave it there

Hands up, I'm not keen on your use of the vernacular, and I certainly don't agree with your drift, but I respect that you can have a different opinion and still be a good fella.
So I'll button up on the topic and, as I hate repeating myself and can't think of anything fresh to stump up, I'll wish you well on your way.

PS. I can't help but love the "Blue Hefner" moniker, truly very classy!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.