Adarabioyo joins Fulham on permanent deal

You’re recommending that we should abandon our ethics and try to renege on our contractual commitments by behaving like twats and forcing players out at the threat of deliberately sabotaging their development.
IMO you should think things through because if we started acting like you suggest (like bad / bloody awful employers) then we’d soon get a reputation for it and we wouldn’t be able to attract the best young players to our academy.
We make great money out of the academy, it supports the rest of our operations and we need it to be successful but you’d have us act like fools and kill the golden goose as an act of spiteful pique.
I think it will be better if we keep our dignity by sticking honestly to our principles because acting like twats is not a good way forward and not very ‘City’.

There isn't much point attracting them if they fuck off at the first chance they get. If a player(Garcia) has made his intentions clear then why should City basically develop him for another team?

If Barca want him and he wants to go, they can pony up. It is not for City to work on Garcia's/Barcelona's time table

As for Tosin, he might want to leave as well which would be very dissapointing. If our academy can't find a young centre-back who is willing to be 4th choice then we might as well forget about the idea and just use it as it's own profit centre. Which, it probably is anyway but with Tosin being local, I'd like to have thought we could sell him the idea of being reserve for a year and seeing how it goes

I think Stones will stay. Otamendi will probably go but we'll also probably bring in another CB. That already puts Tosin 5th in line. There's no certainty that he would get in front of Fernandinho or Garcia either (assuming he stays). He knows that and that's why he wants a move. He needs to be playing regular football at his age and he just wouldn't get that here.

In my humble opinion our CB should look something like this

New Top class option
Laporte
Ake
Fern/Tosin to fight it out. Plenty of cup games and dead rubber CL games to play

Garcia should be fucked off. And Ota and Stones should be sold it looks like Ots is off but I would make it clear to Stones that he needs to move on. We finished 20 points behind last year, it needs a shake up not the same old faces plodding around making the same old mistakes

I guess it depends on whether or not they think he's worth paying for now or waiting a few months and getting for nothing. I suspect they would prefer the latter, unless the price was very low.

Well that's a problem for Garica's career and his agent. They either convince Barca to pony up or he sits in the stands. He should no longer be considered a City player

In my humble opinion our CB should look something like this

New Top class option
Laporte
Ake
Fern/Tosin to fight it out. Plenty of cup games and dead rubber CL games to play

Garcia should be fucked off. And Ota and Stones should be sold it looks like Ots is off but I would make it clear to Stones that he needs to move on. We finished 20 points behind last year, it needs a shake up not the same old faces plodding around making the same old mistakes

Very much doubt both Otamendi and Stones will go. I'd certainly rather keep Stones as he has the potential to be as good as anyone if he can get his act together.

Ultimately it's the manager's decision to make but I suspect Stones will stay and Tosin will leave.

Very much doubt both Otamendi and Stones will go. I'd certainly rather keep Stones as he has the potential to be as good as anyone if he can get his act together.

Ultimately it's the manager's decision to make but I suspect Stones will stay and Tosin will leave.

Keeping a player on the possibility that he gets his act together? If playing for a top club and having thousands of pounds slammed into your account every other week isn't enough incentive to "get your act together" then what could possibly motivate him to get his act together? I don't think the problem is getting his "act" together, I think the problem is he never had an "act" to begin with!

Well that's a problem for Garica's career and his agent. They either convince Barca to pony up or he sits in the stands. He should no longer be considered a City player
We’re surely not gonna let him sit on the bench for 9 months and then let him leave for nowt. Or at least I hope not.

We’re surely not gonna let him sit on the bench for 9 months and then let him leave for nowt. Or at least I hope not.

I'd sell him tomorrow if it was up to me but he's leaving for nothing at this rate becuase they aren't coughing up! So why play a player who we would be developing for a competator?

It's not a true comparison though. VVD was playing for Celtic who are a huge club & winning trophies regardless of the league, he was playing in Europe and being a stand out including taking free kicks and scoring goals from play and completely dominating, as well as being called up to the national set up as he was leaving. He then went on to Southampton and again was a stand-out again in the premier league and becoming a regular for Holland.

With all due respect to Tosin, he's had 2 loans to the championship, struggled at WBA and done well at Blackburn who are mediocre and hasn't got near the England u21 team.

To break through with City you really have to take the bull by the horns and "stand out" and I'm afraid he just doesn't seem to be at that level.

It's not the same scenario

Yeah fair enough, can agree with that. More the comparison that you don't have to be at a top top elite club all the way through your career to make it to the top. Sure there are plenty of examples of players who have struggled early on and then turned into good players, Alonso at Chelsea one that springs to mind. Time will definitely tell.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.