Addiction/Depedancy

bobmcfc said:
I know how it feels to be left behind. I never could understand why he loved drugs more than he loved us, i was young and i'll never get over it. I guess I will never find out

This genuinely breaks my heart because you come across as being a great girl who deserves someone equally great in your life.

BillyShears said:
I'm thinking about it today because I know I have an addiction to weed which I've decided to curtail by trying to go cold turkey beginning today. I've been thinking about it for a while now for many reasons, but mainly because I'm struggling to finish something I'm writing and I realise it's because my brain is much duller than it should be due to smoking every night.

Is this wise with Dam around the corner?

peoffrey said:
bobmcfc said:
I know how it feels to be left behind. I never could understand why he loved drugs more than he loved us, i was young and i'll never get over it. I guess I will never find out

This genuinely breaks my heart because you come across as being a great girl who deserves someone equally great in your life.

I have everyone I need right now and I'm happy. Sometimes when you look back at the people you lost you wonder if there's anything you could have done or said. I'm not sure if I could have changed things though as he chose his path and I chose mine. It was intense and destructive and when my boy came along I chose him as I refused to have him around that lifestyle. I saw him for a while after my son was born but stayed with my mum who hated him and didnt allow him near our street nevermind our door. When things didnt improve I stayed away for a few months and then got that knock at the door. I would have chose my baby all over again though no matter what my feelings were, I hoped he would change but it wasn't to be in the end.

For those struggling who have wives and children I would implore you to be strong and choose the right path because if you lose the battle what you leave in your wake is simply devastating.

Danamy said:
BillyShears said:
I'm thinking about it today because I know I have an addiction to weed which I've decided to curtail by trying to go cold turkey beginning today. I've been thinking about it for a while now for many reasons, but mainly because I'm struggling to finish something I'm writing and I realise it's because my brain is much duller than it should be due to smoking every night.

I've actually decided that trip is when I intend to fall off this wagon. :)

BillyShears said:
Danamy said:
BillyShears said:

I've actually decided that trip is when I intend to fall off this wagon. :)

I've got a funny feeling you won't be alone...........

BillyShears said:
samharris said:
My brother died last week due to liver disease through years of alchohol abuse..He ignored all those around him from family to doctors..will miss him so much..

Jeez, Sam I'm so sorry to hear that. Alcoholism is such a vicious disease. They never listen and it's such a difficult thing to deal with publicly. I remember becoming practically tea-total when I was living with my ex as a reaction to her drinking. Acquaintances of ours would often comment on me being a "killjoy" or say that I was overreacting, but then none of them really knew the extent of the problem. Drinking is such a social norm that people rarely want to talk about the dark side of it.

Dont feel that you have to do it on your own bud..If you need it get help..Its like all things...you really must want to kick it for it to be effective..when I really put my mind to it I kicked my yayo habit, so much so that I can comfortably sit in a room with people lining up and not be bothered.

BillyShears said:
It's funny how doctors are so quick to prescribe anti-depressants and anti anxiety drugs. Fucks me right off because I'd much rather smoke a little too much weed than have a Xanax problem which is a real physical addiction.

As I said earlier, for me the underlying problem is chronic insomnia. Battled with it since I was a little kid and the only real cure has been a joint before bed. I suppose when I look at the way that behaviour has developed, I see that what started out as a bedtime joint, has turned into two or three when the working day is over, and more at weekends when I'm home and I've nothing I need to get done.

That's how I started smoking on a regular basis. Once I realised it cured my insomnia and headaches, I didn't look back.

From what you're saying about work and stuff, you don't have a routine which is always a problem for people who struggle sleeping. I'm the same and I've always used weed to control my sleeping.

samharris said:
BillyShears said:
samharris said:
My brother died last week due to liver disease through years of alchohol abuse..He ignored all those around him from family to doctors..will miss him so much..

Jeez, Sam I'm so sorry to hear that. Alcoholism is such a vicious disease. They never listen and it's such a difficult thing to deal with publicly. I remember becoming practically tea-total when I was living with my ex as a reaction to her drinking. Acquaintances of ours would often comment on me being a "killjoy" or say that I was overreacting, but then none of them really knew the extent of the problem. Drinking is such a social norm that people rarely want to talk about the dark side of it.

Dont feel that you have to do it on your own bud..If you need it get help..Its like all things...you really must want to kick it for it to be effective..when I really put my mind to it I kicked my yayo habit, so much so that I can comfortably sit in a room with people lining up and not be bothered.
"they never listen"... cheers mucker.

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Anyway i occasionally dabble now again but on my terms and in the right setting (key to our perception of control).

I'll defo be rolling a fatty in the dam though, be rude not too (O:

Set and setting, as Timothy Leary called it.

If you get high in Moss Side and wander through guinnels then you get paranoid.

If you get high on a nice comfy sofa in a warm house with some nice music and cool people, you dig everything.

I dig everything.

TheMightyQuinn said:
T_Bone said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Yep, you can be psychologically addicted to them but not physically addicted.

Quitting weed/coke or whatever might be shit and hard but it's a piece of piss compared to the hard stuff.

You can be psychologically addicted to anything though.
You can be addicted to walking, ffs And where's your PHD on this revelation?

There's a world of difference between psychological and physical addiction. That's just basic fact. I didn't make the rules.

If you can't see the difference between a bloke struggling to stop drinking seven nights a week and a smack head shivering in a pool of his own shit, piss and vomit then that's on you.

Quitting weed is hard, I've done it a few times, it's shit, it's not nice but it's a walk in the park compared to what a smack head feels. Weed is no more addictive than sex, walking or cleaning the bathroom, heroin is a great deal more addictive than these things.
Yes, I kind of know. Glad you're ok.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.