Adding pace to the team at last!

birchwoodgingerste

Pellegrini today mentioned the importance of pace in midfield with the signings of jesus navas and fernandinho.he said"navas has great speed and technique and fernandiniho has pace allowing us to break forward at speed.The two most important areas which we missed last year have been added early allowing us to maybe take our time in other areas that
arent priority.Trying to think what other players with pace that may be added any ideas ?

I am not sure we need many more reinforcements in the pace department, we just need to use the players better.
The fact is the previous manager didnt really like to play with wide men and for whatever reason liked the play to be reasonably slow.
I never understood why we appeared to change tactics mid way through the Premiership winning season after using pace to good effect in the first half.
The majority of the players who did well then are still with us complimented by Sinclair and our new signings.
I suspect the new manager will sort this aspect out without much bother.

birchwoodgingerste said:
Pellegrini today mentioned the importance of pace in midfield with the signings of jesus navas and fernandinho.he said"navas has great speed and technique and fernandiniho has pace allowing us to break forward at speed.The two most important areas which we missed last year have been added early allowing us to maybe take our time in other areas that
arent priority.Trying to think what other players with pace that may be added any ideas ?

Personally i dont think its just how fast a player can run but how fast he thinks and how fast we move the ball around

Last season we could have had Bolt in midfield but makes fuck all difference if yo pass the ball from back to front oo clow

I am hoping we break a little more especially away where team will comeonto us more instead of just sitting there

Putting dangerous and accurate balls into the box at the end of a run is just as important as the pace of the attack itself ...... absolutely no good whatsoever if we break down to the byline at speed only to sling the ball across directly to an opposing defender ...... i'm hoping that Navas has the wherewithall to actually look up at the end of his run and find a sky blue shirt in the box!

dctid said:
birchwoodgingerste said:

Personally i dont think its just how fast a player can run but how fast he thinks and how fast we move the ball around

Last season we could have had Bolt in midfield but makes fuck all difference if yo pass the ball from back to front oo clow

I am hoping we break a little more especially away where team will comeonto us more instead of just sitting there

Last year we had garcia barry and milner all on the pitch in some games all these players are slow and it affects how quick you break or counter attack if you add quicker players that have good football brains then the speed of the counter attack improves.Also u mentioned we need to get out of five a side mode in games and make the ball sweat to tire out the opposition.

birchwoodgingerste said:
dctid said:
birchwoodgingerste said:

Last year we had garcia barry and milner all on the pitch in some games all these players are slow and it affects how quick you break or counter attack if you add quicker players that have good football brains then the speed of the counter attack improves.Also u mentioned we need to get out of five a side mode in games and make the ball sweat to tire out the opposition.

Simply put we need to get the ball from back to front quicker - blaming indiviual players is wrong yes some are faster than other but the FA cup final summed it up for me to slow passing and too many side ways passing

Blame the players if you wish they play a part but our tactics were the issue

Clichy / Zab aint slouches nor is Aguero and Tevez and nor is Yaya

If we polay at the same speed next season as the season gone it wont matter how fast Navas is because teams will do what they did last season which is defend deep and in numbers

dctid said:
birchwoodgingerste said:
dctid said:

Simply put we need to get the ball from back to front quicker - blaming indiviual players is wrong yes some are faster than other but the FA cup final summed it up for me to slow passing and too many side ways passing

Blame the players if you wish they play a part but our tactics were the issue

Clichy / Zab aint slouches nor is Aguero and Tevez and nor is Yaya

If we polay at the same speed next season as the season gone it wont matter how fast Navas is because teams will do what they did last season which is defend deep and in numbers

Im saying its a combination of both you cant play fast flowing football with snails now matter how quick you pass the ball.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.