Adding pace to the team at last!

Doesn't look like we're gtting Isco, and Cavani is going elsewhere. Meanwhile, Rags seem to be getting Thiago.
I'm becoming depressed at our failure to get our preferred targets. We're now supposedly after Pepe, a central defender.
I know we've got JN and Fernandinho, but why do the top ones elect to go to other big clubs, our rivals?

Big Swifty said:
Doesn't look like we're gtting Isco, and Cavani is going elsewhere. Meanwhile, Rags seem to be getting Thiago.
I'm becoming depressed at our failure to get our preferred targets. We're now supposedly after Pepe, a central defender.
I know we've got JN and Fernandinho, but why do the top ones elect to go to other big clubs, our rivals?

Because those clubs have a more successful history and bigger stadiums and fanbases than us. These players will have grown up wanting to play for the rags, Madrid, Barca, Milan etc.

Hopefully, a few years down the line we will have kids dreaming of playing for Manchester City in the same way they now want to play for a Real Madrid or Barcelona or even the rags.

birchwoodgingerste said:
Pellegrini today mentioned the importance of pace in midfield with the signings of jesus navas and fernandinho.he said"navas has great speed and technique and fernandiniho has pace allowing us to break forward at speed.The two most important areas which we missed last year have been added early allowing us to maybe take our time in other areas that
arent priority.Trying to think what other players with pace that may be added any ideas ?

I agree pace is an important attribute you need with your players, particularly if a manager likes to play with wide players. However, you need more than pace. Look at Gareth Barry for example. I am one of his biggest fans, and I will argue with anyone until the cows come home if somebody says he's a bad player. He's Slow as a cart horse but reads the game very well which makes up for his lack of pace.

birchwoodgingerste said:
dctid said:
birchwoodgingerste said:
Last year we had garcia barry and milner all on the pitch in some games all these players are slow and it affects how quick you break or counter attack if you add quicker players that have good football brains then the speed of the counter attack improves.Also u mentioned we need to get out of five a side mode in games and make the ball sweat to tire out the opposition.

Simply put we need to get the ball from back to front quicker - blaming indiviual players is wrong yes some are faster than other but the FA cup final summed it up for me to slow passing and too many side ways passing

Blame the players if you wish they play a part but our tactics were the issue

Clichy / Zab aint slouches nor is Aguero and Tevez and nor is Yaya

If we polay at the same speed next season as the season gone it wont matter how fast Navas is because teams will do what they did last season which is defend deep and in numbers

Im saying its a combination of both you cant play fast flowing football with snails now matter how quick you pass the ball.

I'd hazard a guess that Busquets, Iniesta and Xavi wouldn't win may sprinting races but they play quick football. The same goes for Martinez, Schweinsteiger and Kroos.

You can make a ball travel much faster than you can run with it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.