additional playmaker

TrueBlue1705 said:
We need pace/wingers ... we don;t need another number 10 type player, we have Silva one of the best in the world, Nasri who can play there and yaya if he's staying would be better as a number 10 as he can't be arsed doing defensive duties a lot of time..... the only quick so called winger we have Navas does actually go past people too often and doesn't cross the ball early either (always needs a touch) ... I know a large part of Pellegrini's philosophy is utilising fullbacks as an attacking force but sometimes when we can't break a team down we're crying out for a Ross Barkley type player who will pick the ball up start running at the opposition at pace and scare the jeepers out of defenders ...

THIS.

Not necessarily Barkley as i think he's gone backwards this season but someone who can run at defences and frighten them.

TrueBlue1705 said:
We need pace/wingers ... we don;t need another number 10 type player, we have Silva one of the best in the world, Nasri who can play there and yaya if he's staying would be better as a number 10 as he can't be arsed doing defensive duties a lot of time..... the only quick so called winger we have Navas does actually go past people too often and doesn't cross the ball early either (always needs a touch) ... I know a large part of Pellegrini's philosophy is utilising fullbacks as an attacking force but sometimes when we can't break a team down we're crying out for a Ross Barkley type player who will pick the ball up start running at the opposition at pace and scare the jeepers out of defenders ...
Totally agree with this. Have been saying for several years that we need a left sided midfielder/ winger. When you couple this with a distinct lack of overall attacking pace in the team we are desperate for a player like sterling hazard or sanchez that allows us to run with the ball or counter attack at pace. This type of player comes at a price but would rather spend heavier on one player than 2 or 3 squad fillers. At present with the 2 ferns in the middle and with yaya nearing the end we also need a driving influential midfielder. 25 year old lampard anyone? In summary the squad needs freshening with a small number of a grade players as we can appear stale and predictable at times. Still need to pinch ourselves and remember we now drink at the top table so any concerns or criticism is relative to where we are now and how to keep developing as oppose to stagnating.

woolleyback blue said:
TrueBlue1705 said:

THIS.

Not necessarily Barkley as i think he's gone backwards this season but someone who can run at defences and frighten them.

Some of best dribbling players in the world atm, excluding the obvious(Messi, Robben, Hazard,Neymar). Are Brahimi, chelsea bound Cuadrado, Gotze, Lucas(PSG), Reus, player like Barkley but better and with a lot more potential Kovacic, Pogba, Gundogan is awesome at it.

The only player we have who does it regularly is Aguero.

yep agreed. not necessarily a traditional no.10

a dribbler (someone who averages like 2.5-3.5 dribbles per game) with good decision making and decent pace

TrueBlue1705 said:

^Says everything I was going to say, until Ross Barkley bit - I think yes we need a player who fits a similar role he plays but not Barkley himself who's turning out to be kind of a dud. A box to box like Yaya would be great.

Winger with Pace - Reus or Draxler
Central Midfield with strength and Defensive approach - Javi Martinez or Victor Wanyama
Cover for Silva - Isco
Replacement for Toure - Pogba and Koke

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.