Ade and Tevez

The Fixer

polishing silva's boots whilst blagging Nando's he
This is not a moan thread more an obseravation on my part and some may disagree which is fine but....

Ade seems to spend most his time in the flanks and never wins headers, i think he's to used to the arsenal style on the deck, Tevez a lot of his time in a playmaker type position meaning we lack anyone in the box.

I know Tevez has bagged pure goals this season but imagine if he played off the shoulder of defenders?

Anyone else see this or is it just me?

The Fixer said:
This is not a moan thread more an obseravation on my part and some may disagree which is fine but....

Ade seems to spend most his time in the flanks and never wins headers, i think he's to used to the arsenal style on the deck, Tevez a lot of his time in a playmaker type position meaning we lack anyone in the box.

I know Tevez has bagged pure goals this season but imagine if he played off the shoulder of defenders?

Anyone else see this or is it just me?
Yep... I agree with you! Tevez seems to have to go to the midfield to pick the ball up and Ade spent too much time on the wings for me. Surely he should be in the box waiting for the crosses. It's obvious that we need a playmaker in the summer and Tevez could then be even more successful!

I was really disappointed with the strikers, Tevez had a good spell in the first 15mins but we do not look a danger when we get the ball wide and then put a cross in.

Ade for me drifts too wide and does not really go past people just gets in the way of the wide men. We would be better with an option in the box.

I thought Crouch showed how good he is tonight as a target man and the advantage that gives an attacking team, also the space it creates for the other attacking players.

Its not doom and gloom, we have score a lot of goals this season,however in the games against rags, Arsenal and now Spurs we have looked predictable and not had a threat in the box.

Yeah i see what you mean.
There's no point in us having quality wingers crossing the ball in all the time when there's hardly no one in the box, adebayor was really good at heading earlier int he season, now he seems scared of the ball, and tevez is too short to get on the end of the crosses.

Drayk said:
There's no point in us having quality wingers crossing the ball in all the time when there's hardly no one in the box, adebayor was really good at heading earlier int he season, now he seems scared of the ball, and tevez is too short to get on the end of the crosses.

yeah think we get the jist eh !?!

Matt Diablo said:
Drayk said:

yeah think we get the jist eh !?!
What's your problem?

All our wide threats came from the right tonight but, although the delivery was often pretty good, there was never anyone in the fucking box to get on the end of them!
Bellamy could have maybe got himself in there on a few occasions but instead he hung back outside the corner of the area, scared of the renowned attacking wonder Kaboul breaking out should our attack break down.
Personally, once the pattern of play had been established, I would have brought Bellers off a lot sooner for RSC.

The reason Ade is going wide and Tevez is dropping deep is they know noone is going to play them in through through the middle, the only player who has looked like he could do that in the last few games has been Viera as we have 0 creative midfielders which is what we have missed all season

I think we should make a deal to swap Ade with Zlatan. Ade is the exact type of forward that Barca is looking for, the type that always run to connect the ball and cover the whole area in the opponent's pitch outside the box, on the other hand, Zlatan is the strong & big target man that always there in the box waiting for a good cross with good header and power shot in him. Mancio also know how to pull the best out of him as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.