Ade cannot start on Wednesday

simon23 said:
to be honest i disagree with you

ade's running off the ball is good, and his movement in the box is very good.....he is also a threat from set pieces

aj would be up against evra and he wouldnt get anything out of him

i think rm should play the exact same team with ade replacing balo (if he is suspended pending the appeal)

Ade does run off the ball but it's usually in the way of wingers or down blind alleys. The reason I'd play AJ is because it's going to be movement and runs that create chances against United's defence and even if Johnno doesn't get much change out of Evra he'll still create for others with his clever runs (Juve goal springs to mind).

Today our formation and players worked because 1: 4-4-3 is our best formation with the players we have and 2: the movement between tevez, Silva, Toure and Balo was very clever and suited our style of play. Also, playing Ade up top will mean Tevez will be out wide more and that's a waste.

This is not harsh on Ade but he doesn't fit into our best system.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Agreed. I will be nervous enough without having to watch him running down blind alleys, not defending from the front and smiling whether we win lose or draw. They will certainly play 5 in midfield and we just can't give scholes as much space as we did last year.

That shouldn't be a problem, Irelands at Villa now!

jay_mcfc said:
simon23 said:
to be honest i disagree with you

ade's running off the ball is good, and his movement in the box is very good.....he is also a threat from set pieces

aj would be up against evra and he wouldnt get anything out of him

i think rm should play the exact same team with ade replacing balo (if he is suspended pending the appeal)

Ade does run off the ball but it's usually in the way of wingers or down blind alleys. The reason I'd play AJ is because it's going to be movement and runs that create chances against United's defence and even if Johnno doesn't get much change out of Evra he'll still create for others with his clever runs (Juve goal springs to mind).

Today our formation and players worked because 1: 4-4-3 is our best formation with the players we have and 2: the movement between tevez, Silva, Toure and Balo was very clever and suited our style of play. Also, playing Ade up top will mean Tevez will be out wide more and that's a waste.

This is not harsh on Ade but he doesn't fit into our best system.

Id have to agree although im not sure the ref would allow it!!

To me, Ade's has two big problems that stop him being a top class striker

One is that he seems to never challenge for a header. He only seems to head the ball when there is no-one else around him. He's 6'3" ffs and not built like a stick insect like Crouch.

Second is as per others on this thread, he keeps drifting wide and only bothers to work when he feels like it.

I wonder how he would do on the left side of a 4-3-3 so he could cut in, only problem with this would be the LB would be raped if it was a match that Ade decided he didn't want to work in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.