Adebayor (merged)

To the people saying that Arsenal fans suddenly saying good riddance and saying they want him out to try and kid ourselves that we're not losing out on a great player, it's really not true. At least not for most.

There's no denying he can be a great player on his day, some of the goals he's scored are truly incredible but once he began to believe his own hype (and people demanding someone step into the shoes of Henry) he lost the main thing that made him such a good player, his never ending running and effort. He still showed the flashes of brilliance (Villareal away) but he was awful for most of last season, gave us the run around last summer, constantly talked about Barca and Milan wanting him and showed a complete and utter lack of respect for the club and the fans.

Also we've got enough strikers, who will hopefully allow us to return the way we used to play football rather than the long ball tactics we used when we were desperate and had Ade to aim at. It'll also allow Arshavin centre stage and if we plan our team around him we'll be completely fine.

Basically I want this done as soon as possible and am praying it doesn't collapse.

Ducado said:
Right

To get a work permit he would need a sponsor etc, he has now got it

Have some of you not thought perhaps the club do not want the news to come out just yet? It would appear that they are running quite a slick media operation, the guy could be all signed up for all we know, and the club are releasing the contrary information, one thing I can tell you, off the pitch at least (and I hope next season on it) this is not typical City, just because some of us are rather impatient does not mean the club will jump to your tune

to me the best and biggest impact for this to be announced is whilst on tour in south Africa or is that to obvious!

Plug said:
To the people saying that Arsenal fans suddenly saying good riddance and saying they want him out to try and kid ourselves that we're not losing out on a great player, it's really not true. At least not for most.

There's no denying he can be a great player on his day, some of the goals he's scored are truly incredible but once he began to believe his own hype (and people demanding someone step into the shoes of Henry) he lost the main thing that made him such a good player, his never ending running and effort. He still showed the flashes of brilliance (Villareal away) but he was awful for most of last season, gave us the run around last summer, constantly talked about Barca and Milan wanting him and showed a complete and utter lack of respect for the club and the fans.

Also we've got enough strikers, who will hopefully allow us to return the way we used to play football rather than the long ball tactics we used when we were desperate and had Ade to aim at. It'll also allow Arshavin centre stage and if we plan our team around him we'll be completely fine.

Basically I want this done as soon as possible and am praying it doesn't collapse.

Good post mate. Just curious though, who apart from RVP are the strikers you are referring to ?

leewill31 said:
Ducado said:
Right

Have some of you not thought perhaps the club do not want the news to come out just yet? It would appear that they are running quite a slick media operation, the guy could be all signed up for all we know, and the club are releasing the contrary information, one thing I can tell you, off the pitch at least (and I hope next season on it) this is not typical City, just because some of us are rather impatient does not mean the club will jump to your tune

to me the best and biggest impact for this to be announced is whilst on tour in south Africa or is that to obvious!

ovious.jpg

Right

Dont kid yourself mate, this greedy guy is hagling for more money. Its not secret service stuff.

vincent said:
Good post mate. Just curious though, who apart from RVP are the strikers you are referring to ?

Eduardo if he can be fit (not sure how big an 'if' it is really, he had niggling injuries after coming back but that's to be expected after such a long time out and is apparently nothing to worry about) is the obvious choice. I honestly believe that if he played 38 games in a season, he'd score at least 20, especially at a team like Arsenal. Bendtner scored only one less goal than Ade last year with 4 less starts (admittedly a few more sub appearances though) and although he's only 21 I've got big hopes for him. It's no secret that Walcott wants to play up there, it'll hopefully mean that Vela gets more chances after a settling in season last year and to be honest I can see us moving to a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 anyway, so we won't need to have two strikers on at once anyway.

allan harper said:
leewill31 said:
Ducado said:
Right

ovious.jpg

this may have been a good joke for some other reason than this but hey whatever floats your boat!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.