Adebayor open to Spurs move

Tevez City

[bigimg]http://img.skysports.com/11/04/660x350/111675823ade_2581962.jpg[/bigimg]

Emmanuel Adebayor admits he would consider a move to Tottenham despite the abuse he suffered from some of their fans in Spain last month.

Adebayor, on loan at Real Madrid from Manchester City, scored twice against Spurs in a 4-0 UEFA Champions League quarter-final win at the Bernabeu.

However, the former Arsenal striker's night was tinged with disappointment as he suffered abuse from the travelling fans.

Supporters of the north London club sang a chant about the player which Adebayor claimed was racist.

Tottenham condemned the song, but deny it is racist in nature and Uefa confirmed after the match that no action would be taken against the club.

Adebayor, who spent three years at Arsenal, was on the verge of moving to their north London rivals in January before he joined Real Madrid on loan for the rest of the season.

The Togo striker could return to City or another Premier League side this summer, and he would not let the chanting put him off a move to White Hart Lane.

"I heard about the chants and I felt so bad because before joining Real Madrid, my first choice was Tottenham," said Adebayor.

"When I heard the songs I didn't take it seriously. I didn't take it in a bad way at all but it was bad because people today have to realise that we are footballers. Today we play for this club and the next day we might end up playing for them.

"I would go there and sign for them. Maybe those fans were furious because I was scoring against them. Maybe they were thinking like that because Adebayor was taking them out of the Champions League and ending their dream of getting to the final."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6928934,00.html

I think he'd be a good signing for them and I could imagine Redknapp getting the best out of him, and I think he would score over 20 goals a season. However, it would be absolutely ridiculous to let a player of his quality go to a rival like Spurs, ridiculous. If Spurs enquire, nothing other should be said than, "No, you're not having him".

Would happily keep him at City though.

Motty said:
I think he'd be a good signing for them and I could imagine Redknapp getting the best out of him, and I think he would score over 20 goals a season. However, it would be absolutely ridiculous to let a player of his quality go to a rival like Spurs, ridiculous. If Spurs enquire, nothing other should be said than, "No, you're not having him".

How about Ade to Spurs, Modric or VDV to City ?

Tevez City said:
Motty said:

They'd be great players for us if we could fit either of them into the current system. Modric is a left winger and VDV is an AM, right? Silva plays the left winger role in our side, and Yaya plays the AM role, and bringing VDV in would push him back into a defensive midfielder position, where he isn't quite as good.
Suppose we could maybe play Modric on the right wing in place of AJ.

But still, I think Spurs would need Ade more than we need one of those two and therefore it might not be the best to do that deal, although I won't deny we'd be getting a quality player in return.

Motty said:
Tevez City said:
Motty said:

They'd be great players for us if we could fit either of them into the current system. Modric is a left winger and VDV is an AM, right? Silva plays the left winger role in our side, and Yaya plays the AM role, and bringing VDV in would push him back into a defensive midfielder position, where he isn't quite as good.

But still, I think Spurs would need Ade more than we need one of those two and therefore it might not be the best to do that deal, although I won't deny we'd be getting a quality player in return.
Modric can take Yaya's spot, and Yaya drop into Barry's spot.

Looking like this
...................Striker................
.....Silva.....Modric....Sanchez....
...........Yaya.........Nigel...........

Dax777 said:
Motty said:
Tevez City said:
Motty said:

Modric can take Yaya's spot, and Yaya drop into Barry's spot.

Looking like this
...................Striker................
.....Silva.....Modric....Sanchez....
...........Yaya.........Nigel...........

I will be:
1- over the moon if we could get Modric !

2-Excited if we could get VDV ! at least he will be more useful than Ade to us now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.