Adebayor the Karaoke King

Zubrman

From the OS:

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2009/July/Preparations-on-track-for-Ade

Emmanuel Adebayor insists that even the defeat to Kaizer Chiefs in Pretoria on Saturday will not deflect City from their preparations for the start of the Barclays Premier League season.

The Togolese striker showed some typically impressive touches during his City debut at the Loftus Versfeld Stadium in the Vodacom Challenge final, but also missed a couple of chances to get the Blues back on level terms in the second half.

Nevertheless Emmanuel looked at home in sky blue a week after singing and just four full days after joining his new team mates in South Africa, and afterwards he told mcfc.co.uk:

"We played quite well but it was a difficult game for us. The Chiefs were technically very good and put in a good performance, but we are still preparing. We're nearly there, but we need to improve a few things but as long as we keep fighting and working in training, we'll be ready for the start of the season.

"It was tough, and maybe a bit tougher than we thought it would be before. We're still getting ready, both physically and mentally, but we will be completely ready when the league season begins."

Emmanuel played the full 90 minutes of a game that saw Nedum Onuoha, Javan Vidal and Richard Dunne all leave the fray early with a variety of injuries, but he reported no ill-effects of a demanding encounter.

"I'm fine, I got a little kick on the ankle but I should be OK. The main thing is that I've got to improve, keep enjoying myself on the pitch and off it. What's pleased me is that the players and all the staff have been right behind me, and they have been pushing to get the best out of me."

The welcome he has received from City, starting with being mobbed at the City of Manchester Stadium last Saturday through to meeting his new team mates and backroom staff has also helped the 25-year-old settle in.

"Everyone has been really friendly, they have helped me settle in straight away. Some of the lads have been giving me advice about where to live around Manchester, and the training has been good as well. It has gone very well so far, I'm really enjoying being here and it's all helping my preparations for the season," he concluded.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.