Adebayor

cookster

When will we learn that he prefers the ball playing to feet instead of punting aimless long balls to his head! When Tevez came on as a link between Midfield and Attack we really started to play - Hughes take note.

Hate to say it, but the team thinks it's an easy out ball. Just hoof it up to Ade and hope he gets it down. You'd think they would learn quicker than 60 minutes like we did today, but it did seem like a gameplan. Looked a lot better when Ned came on and started to bring the ball out from the back instead of just aimlessly hoofing it as far as they could. Then Tevez gave us the link between midfield and the flanks, which made us a lot more dangerous and we played some good stuff. It's so frustrating to see performances like that for the first 60 minutes, then we actually have to chase the game, we up the tempo, keep it on the floor and look a great team, only for us to go back to the hoof it and hope tactic the very next game. I wouldn't mind as much if it was only a few games we'd done that this season, but we don't learn from the performances at all.

cookster said:
When will we learn that he prefers the ball playing to feet instead of punting aimless long balls to his head!

Agreed, Ade can hold it up on the deck but he needs players making runs around him.
When Tevez came on as a link between midfield and attack we really started to play - Hughes take note.
Hughes has managed to turn one of the talented squads in the premier into an average unit.

The first half was really poor. Liverpool were obviously nervous yet we dropped back and let them come at us.
We played at a slow tempo and let them off the hook.
Barry is obviously struggling and the link to the front is not there.

Tevez was sensational when he came on, hold up play, running at their defence and creating Ireland's goal.

When is Hughes going to give the creative players a chance to shine.

De Jong was excellent again.

Adebayor had a good game used the ball well,scored a cracking header!!again
i for one think sometimes we should use his obvious strength which is in the air.rarely again did which get many quality crosses in.

uwe282828 said:
Adebayor had a good game used the ball well,scored a cracking header!!again
i for one think sometimes we should use his obvious strength which is in the air.rarely again did which get many quality crosses in.

He's great with crosses from the flanks I agree, but aimless long balls he aint no Alan Shearer!

He frustrates the hell out of me but he scored a great goal and I'm thankful for that. I don't think he is long term though.

He's never been a target man as much as his physical build would have you believe. In fact when he first joined us, he used to always drift wide and it was mostly van Persie or Henry who fought for the aerial balls. As he bulked up a bit, he started to improve on his aerial game. Personally I don't believe it's due to him not being good in the air, because he's very good, but he's just not brave enough or has enough desire to fight for long balls constantly.

His strength lies in his ability to hold the ball up, his pace and power and ability to score with both his foot and his head. He's also improved a lot on his technique - owes a lot of that to Wenger and being surrounded by technically sublime footballers at Arsenal. I remember when he first joined us, couldn't trap a bag of cement.

Magri said:
He frustrates the hell out of me but he scored a great goal and I'm thankful for that. I don't think he is long term though.

He's a goal scorer,but I d like to see what Bojinov and Tevez could do together.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.