Adebayorrrrrrrrrrrr oh yes please!

NZBlumer

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/322712/EMMANUEL-ADEBAYOR-FOR-CITY-Eastlands-bosses-ready-to-splash-out-on-Arsenal-striker.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/3 ... riker.html</a>

I really hope we get this guy he is one of the top strikers in the league and is epl proven!
Way fookn better than santa crook!

I'd take him for £21m

On his day he can be unplayable.Needs an arm around him to get the best out of him.

MANCHESTER CITY have stepped up the chase for Arsenal's Emmanuel Adebayor.

City officials first contacted his advisors last October. But they were told to try again in the summer - despite the striker having just signed an £80,000-a-week deal - when Arsene Wenger might be more willing to do business for around £21million.

City have since asked his agent Stephane Courbis to be kept up with developments as the African looks for the Emirates exit.

A source said: "City made their interest known and have no problem finding the fee or increasing his pay. It is not definite Adebayor will leave Arsenal but looks more likely than last year."

The Togo international spent last summer trying to engineer a move and was booed by the Arsenal fans last pre-season. He did sign a four-year deal last August.

However, Arsenal sources say the player and Wenger have an agreement he would play one more year before looking at his options again.

Initially I was quite pleased at this speculation linking him to us, he certainly fits the mould, however, after observing the reaction of Arsenal fans to this news on their forums I have to say I was quit alarmed at how little they care about his potential departure. In fact I would go as far as saying that they actually want shot of him (and Bendtnar as well).

I'd take him... in some respects he would be a better purchase than Drogba as he is a similar mould of player but still only 25. Christ can you imagine what damage a team with Ireland, SWP, Robinho, Tevez and Adebayor could do? Even the top four would cack themselves at the thought of that attacking threat.

Frankly I can see him wanting to leave Arsenal as well - they're just never going to be anything more that a 4th or 5th place team imho. In fact as soon as either us, everton or villa knocks them out of the top four (as nearly happended this season) I think they're really going to struggle. I think Adebayor's attitude problems at the moment stem largely from the fact that he is tired of being in a team that seems incapable of going beyond 4th place. Once could almost say that Arsenal seem happy doing that and lack the ambition to push higher.

I don't know why people are worried about Ireland. Unless the club completely f**k up the negotiations, he won't be going anywhere. And while in the past this might happen, it won't with Ireland.

I'm not convinced about Adebayor. Great player on his day, but a shadow of his former self recently. When he wants to turn it on he is great however.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.