Adel Taarabt

LoveCity

He wants a move and has said he'd love to play for one of the top four clubs, although Newcastle look to be in for him. At Championship level he looked like Messi but it is hard to say if he'll look as amazing in the Premier League. But even though the PL is a big step up from Championship, he was so many levels better than anyone else in that league that I have a feeling he is going to end up a very good player at the top level. I guess another way of putting it is that he looked better at Championship level than Adam Johnson did before we signed him.

Warnock has said he can go in January but a good bid would probably get him earlier. So what's the verdict, would he be he good enough for us after failing at Spurs but coming good at QPR, or is he a Newcastle/Villa level player?

-

QPR ready to sell Taarabt in January as Warnock admits he'll have had enough of him by then
By Sportsmail Reporter
Last updated at 10:30 PM on 17th June 2011

Neil Warnock has told Adel Taarabt he can leave QPR in January.

It has been suggested the influential Moroccan would be sold this summer, but Warnock quipped: 'You take it with a pinch of salt. I read this morning he fancies Chelsea and Arsenal, so hopefully he will turn it on against these clubs and get himself a move.

'I'll probably have had enough of him by Christmas, so hopefully he'll score 10 or 15 goals by then and get himself a move.'

QPR side start their Premier League campaign against Bolton on August 13.

'It doesn't matter who you play, the Premier League is where we all want to be. It's just fabulous to be involved,' Warnock said. 'I think the thing is to try to play without fear.'

I saw him against Leeds, he was shit.

He's prone to an odd bit of magic, but consistent, don't think so. There are better players which we can pick up anyways, without the liability of them also messing around off the pitch.

I watched him against Cardiff and he was immense. He was by far the best player I've seen at that level in along time. But I don't think he would be a player Mancini would want.

Warnock himself has said putting on Adel sacrifices the defensive side and team shape, but it is worth it for his magic..

Mancini won't be up for that, shape and defense are his priority before any magic...

Decent player. No more, no less. He'll never be a top 6 player and he doesn't have the attitude to make it to the top. People can call Balotelli's attitude, but he is willing to learn. Taatabt isn't. He's more arrogant than any player in the premisership now and isn't worthy of lacing the majority of players boots in the league.

ramsdale4 said:
I watched him against Cardiff and he was immense. He was by far the best player I've seen at that level in along time. But I don't think he would be a player Mancini would want.

You answered your own statement - AT THAT LEVEL.............next!!!!!!

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/13648196.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/13648196.stm</a>
0,,10373~9405365,00.jpg

Angry Taarabt storms out of Morocco camp

The temperamental midfielder has vowed to quit international football for good after being told he would start the Marrakech clash on the bench.

"I am currently in Marseille," he told Moroccan station Radio Mars on Friday.

"I never want to play for the national team again, with or without (Morocco coach) Eric Gerets."

Moroccan sports correspondent Hakim Gazaoui has told the BBC that fans in Morocco have reacted with anger to Taarabt's move.

After the playmaker was told he would be benched for the Group D clash, Taarabt, 22, reacted by flying to France.

"I decided to quit the national team after learning that I was not going to start against Algeria," Taarabt explained.

"I left without giving any explanations to the coach. I did not want to create any problems within the squad."

"The national team is now finished for me. I would prefer to represent my country through my club."

Taarabt was a key factor in QPR's recent promotion to the Premier League, being named the Championship player of the year.

He has had problems with the Moroccan team before, reacting badly when forced to start last October's 2012 Nations Cup qualifier against Tanzania on the bench.
Having played for France at youth level, Taarabt made his debut for the land of his birth in 2009.

Morocco were already without freescoring Ajax Amsterdam striker Mounir al-Hamdoui for the spicy Algeria clash, with the Atlas Lions keen to avenge their 1-0 defeat in Annaba in March.

Both North African sides lie in the bottom half of Group D, trailing Central African Republic and Tanzania, although all four teams boast four points at present.

If Balotelli can be 'tamed' by Mancini can this enigmatic 22yo Moroccan be?
Wasn't he touted as the next Zidane?
He does have the football skills and nous as an attacking midfielder. He was the main reason QPR was promoted. His unsettling by the arrival of Barton also coincides with QPR poor performance and subsequently Warnock's dismissal. Correct me if I'm mistaken.

All he needs is a manager who can 'control his temper'. Can Mancini?
If YES then the question is who (Hughes' boys) can we offload that Hughes want?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.