Adel Taarabt

Is it worth the gamble?
Given that we have a number of Hughes' players on our payroll who are basically 'deadwood'.

To be fair he is a gifted player but he's got more than a bit of the "Stephen Ireland" about him. He just doesn't care enough. That will never change no matter the club or the manager. There's also better out there we could get at the same price with a much healthier attitude toward the game.

Also every young French or French colonial lad who shows a spark of potential as a creative/attacking force is labeled "the next Zidane"... Nasri, Gourcuff, Benzima... Taarabt especialy because he is of North African descent Like Zidan is.

Dangling some of the 'deadwood' to see whether Hughes will bite can tell us plenty about his opinion of 'them'. No?

Taarabt makes AJ look like a model of consistency. No doubt that he has bags of talent but he's so hit and miss I can't see him ever making it at a really top club.

LoveCity said:
He wants a move and has said he'd love to play for one of the top four clubs, although Newcastle look to be in for him. At Championship level he looked like Messi but it is hard to say if he'll look as amazing in the Premier League. But even though the PL is a big step up from Championship, he was so many levels better than anyone else in that league that I have a feeling he is going to end up a very good player at the top level. I guess another way of putting it is that he looked better at Championship level than Adam Johnson did before we signed him.

Warnock has said he can go in January but a good bid would probably get him earlier. So what's the verdict, would he be he good enough for us after failing at Spurs but coming good at QPR, or is he a Newcastle/Villa level player?

-

QPR ready to sell Taarabt in January as Warnock admits he'll have had enough of him by then
By Sportsmail Reporter
Last updated at 10:30 PM on 17th June 2011

Neil Warnock has told Adel Taarabt he can leave QPR in January.

It has been suggested the influential Moroccan would be sold this summer, but Warnock quipped: 'You take it with a pinch of salt. I read this morning he fancies Chelsea and Arsenal, so hopefully he will turn it on against these clubs and get himself a move.

'I'll probably have had enough of him by Christmas, so hopefully he'll score 10 or 15 goals by then and get himself a move.'

QPR side start their Premier League campaign against Bolton on August 13.

'It doesn't matter who you play, the Premier League is where we all want to be. It's just fabulous to be involved,' Warnock said. 'I think the thing is to try to play without fear.'

Legand in his own mind - quite simply he ia not a top 6 player and has struggled - not worth the hassle

He's not that good and he's trouble.

I think we've learnt that lesson before.

Decent in the Championship but has been found out in the Premier League. Not good enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.