ADUG investment opportunity ?

SilverFox2

Whilst we associate ADUG with City I am aware that they are an Investment Company.

Their association with Manchester Council is evidence of this and I wonder if this following news item represents an opportunity that they may be interested in:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thebusinessdesk.com/northwest/news/668313-everton-sets-sights-on-walton-hall-park-move.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=NorthWest_16th_Sep_2014_-_Daily_E-mail" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thebusinessdesk.com/northwes ... ily_E-mail</a>

Para 4 is of particular interest and even mentions the way things have been done here.

Seeing as Everton was one of the clubs ADUG originally considered buying but Kenwright (allegedly) insulted them by not taking them seriously I'd say they wouldn't give a flying fuck.

laserblue said:
Seeing as Everton was one of the clubs ADUG originally considered buying but Kenwright (allegedly) insulted them by not taking them seriously I'd say they wouldn't give a flying fuck.

Fair point except my experience is that business is business and personal grievances are always set aside where money can be made.
I am suggesting that from a football point of view maybe you are right but this project may include decision makers who are Liverpool supporters as well as Everton so will they carry their prejudice into business, I don't think so.

Interesting but the key element of a project, in anyway similar to ours, must be the success of the football team. Since FFP prevents investment in the team, I'd say that particular horse has bolted.

Wreckless Alec said:
Interesting but the key element of a project, in anyway similar to ours, must be the success of the football team. Since FFP prevents investment in the team, I'd say that particular horse has bolted.

Agree regarding investment in Everton but I was in fact looking at it from a Project point of view not a takeover of Everton by ADUG.

I particularly note that they can provide provide funding in competition with venture capitalists and banks.

ADUG's experience building the infrastructure of our Academy together with stadium expansion is obvious but the housing project for Ancoats area is further evidence of their ability to form joint partnerships and associations with local councils.

Buy to let football stadiums?

Now there's an idea to generate football related income.

Struggling with club finances? No problem, the Sheikh will buy your stadium and lease it back to you at a very favourable rate.

unexpected item said:

Struggling with club finances? No problem, the Sheikh will buy your stadium and lease it back to you at a very favourable rate.
Better value than 'buying it and burning it down'

unexpected item said:

I seem to remember that the last lot of Hospital investment worked along similar lines.

Manchester Royal Infirmary built by Bovis Lend Lease is a recent example where something similar actually happened.

squirtyflower said:
unexpected item said:

Better value than 'buying it and burning it down'

Surely that depends on how much insurance you have. Not that I'm trying to suggest anything........

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.