Advent calendars

Waaaay too early but fortunately I need a reminder this soon to prep myself to snag a couple of Haribo calendars for the kids - they always quickly sell out here

I used to be a buyer for a large cash and carry.

In February I would go to the NEC in Birmingham for a couple of days and walk around the various halls, looking at the Christmas crap that the suppliers were trying to sell. I would hand out my business card to those that interested me.

In March these suppliers' reps would be phoning me to make an appointment.

During April they would turn up and we would negotiate deals and I would place orders.

From June the deliveries would start arriving, (not payable until November in most cases.)

We would start selling the stuff to the retailers in September. October was peak sales and we started discounting the remaining stock before November kicked in.

When people came up to me during December and asked, "Are you looking forward to Christmas?" it took a lot of restraint to stop myself punching them in the face.

Fucking hate Christmas.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.