Afellay

MCFC-alan88

Constantly on the bench for Barca and I've not heard of him signing or going anywhere else, at 26 he'll want to be playing regularly and I think he is exactly what we need, a tricky, fast little winger.

If they want Kolorov why don't we do a swap? I saw Afellay last season and he looked the business; I just hope his injury this season hasn't affected him too much.

Barcelona only got him for £3m because his contract was about to expire in 6 months but he only wanted to go to Barcelona so they had to accept the bid.

I think he'd struggle for games here.
He would be swapping Barcas bench for ours, theirs is warmer.

29 appearances for Barca in the season before last is nothing to scoff at, I remember him setting up a goal for Messi against Real in the CL semis.

In the season just gone he was injured for the majority of it and only returned at the end of April.

He's a very good player. What we don't know is how much Mancini is prioritising the wings. Does he want a marquee winger who will start constantly, hence an expensive player like Bale or Di Maria? Or does he want them as an option and for more variety in the squad, hence less expensive but still good players like maybe Afellay?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.