AFL - Aussie Rules

cyan

We don't seem to have a dedicated Aussie Rules - AFL thread. So having just watched a thrilling Prelim Final between Geelong and Brisbane Lions I thought I would start one for those of us who do enjoy it - or for those who are trying to figure out just what is happening!

I started watching a few years ago when I realised it was available on BT. So now it is on Discovery. It does take a while to figure out some of the rules, but once you do what you have is an amazing sport where the athleticism is immense. It can switch and change very quickly as sitting on a lead is very tricky and so you get situations today where Brisbane made a great comeback in the second half, looked like they had opened up enough of a lead to win it, then were pulled back and with 2 minutes to go Geelong thought they had scored the winning goal only for Brisbane to go and score two more and take themselyes into next weeks Grand Final.

My cousins are in Perth and support West Coast Eagles - so this is the team I have adopted. But as they are in the doldrums at the moment after a few good years that included a Grand Final win - it is also just good to watch it and enjoy good exciting, often thrilling sport.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.