Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) 2022 | Sun 6th Feb - Final - Senegal v Egypt (Pg 36)

Mendy is a big loss. That Arrizabalaga guy is a bit of a liability.

He's a huge loss I'm afraid. Kepa hasn't looked terrible when he's deputised this season, in fact he saved our bacon a couple of times against Brentford in the cup, but the drop off in quality from Mendy to Kepa is pretty big

I watched the last one in 2019, the first time the AFCON had expanded to 24 teams and I found the group stages were pretty poor. It didn't help that it was played in Egypt in the middle of summer, but teams seemed to be more focused on not losing than trying to win games. Madagascar were a breath of fresh air though. Cameroon as host for this tournament is controversial considering there is a conflict going on there over the English speaking part of the country, which happens to be hosting matches. Hopefully there is no repeat of what happened to Togo in 2010. I think Algeria will win this, the balance of power in Africa seems to have shifted to the north.

Mahrez will be a big miss for us, but we can cope. Hopefully he stays injury free and has a good tournament as it's probably a huge boost if he wins it. He can bring that back to the squad when he rejoins. Egypt could do with staying there as long as possible. Salah is key to Liverpool. He's carrying them. Mane has been pretty poor this season in my opinion. I think Liverpool will drop more points without Salah.

Was about to post a thread on this and noticed there's one already. Starts Tomorrow, anyone bothered watching it... Nah me neither.

Can't wait to watch Sky Sports patronising coverage of it.

The tournament rivals Copa America for shithousery.

Just saw an advert that BBC has one of the games on iPlayer, don't know whether their coverage will be any better.

Just saw an advert that BBC has one of the games on iPlayer, don't know whether their coverage will be any better.
If it's on iPlayer/website it will be just the match without any punditry. Which has been a blessing in the past.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.