After 14 games, year on year comparison

Project

Everyone knows that the league has tightened, but I thought it would be interesting to see just how. I've stripped out Bolton this year and focused on the "big 6".

20101124-pg2ut4cwkecmdw71gmmntrf5yu.jpg

Spurs surprised me. Hugely different goal difference, though if I remember correctly this would have taken into account the 9-1 win against Wigan last year. Also interesting how we have conceded and scored 7 less.

In summary - it appears you had to have spent big to stay still...

How have city stood still when we have moved in the league???? All thats important is your position in the league not how many points you have. Any idiot can see City have progressed from last season

Yes it may appear that we are standing still but do not forget that thus time last year we went on that amazing run of draws, therefore win a few more games and the season on season comparison will look much better!

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Ah, the old statistical argument. You have to take into account which teams you have played and whether it was home or away. MANUre had the softest start of anyone. Go through each team and see how the result varies from last season.

I think it'd be better to compare after 17 games which is how long Hughes was in charge and by that time we'd played all the others from "the big six". Although the difference this season is all but one have been at home. Last season we'd played the rags away.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Ah, the old statistical argument. You have to take into account which teams you have played and whether it was home or away. MANUre had the softest start of anyone. Go through each team and see how the result varies from last season.

It isn't a statistical argument. It's a comparison of how the league is tighter after 14 games. No more, no less.

Like for like games compared to last season, Spurs are 1pt worse off now compared to last season..... although personally, the comparison is irrelevant as we were 10pts off the top and 4th, now we are just 6 pts off the top and 6th......

in last season league why is liverpool in 5th place with 23 points and manchester city in 6th with 25 points

goatbinfed said:
How have city stood still when we have moved in the league???? All thats important is your position in the league not how many points you have. Any idiot can see City have progressed from last season
Agree with you. And also in these 14 games we've already played Liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham, Ushited and Arsenal. :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.