Aguero banned for three games (updated)

The whole issue is not whether Sergio intended to elbow his opponent, but rather the blatant inconsistency the FA show when it comes to this kind of thing... and as we all know, Fellaini is 'Exhibit A' in all this.

Exactly. It's been posted earlier on in the thread but there are several examples of Fellaini elbowing players and getting away with it. The Zabaleta one from a few seasons ago the case in point. I hope City use those and the fact Marriner clearly saw it and is too gutless to admit it in Aguero's defence.

Football is such a weird sport when it comes to things like this. For me the bigger question that should be asked is whether Marriner should be allowed to continue as a referee. The footage clearly shows Marriner looking straight at it, but now he's copped out he no longer holds any responsibility. You can't imagine a court case with cctv of a witness looking straight at an incident and the lawyers saying "well he said he didn't see anything, fair enough... no further questions".

The charge will I believe be heard and decided by three ex referees, Will Kun and City know who these are? Two of these worthy gentleman have already said in public that he is guilty and should be banned, surely they cannot form part of the panel? Or am I being to naive!

This isn't clear cut. It's not an off the ball incident where Aguero has tried to do his man. The ball is going into Aguero and he knows and is expecting the defender to come through him at challenge for the ball at head height. You can isolate any challenge in slow motion and show a foot, elbow or fist on a limb and it looks bad. In this case he didn't even contact Reid with the point of his elbow and yet it is this case that is being reviewed when there are players out there, and teams which play in a much more aggressive manner. That's very annoying.

What we need is a montage of all the blatent elbows that have gone unpunished ... The FA are f*cking useless they really are. The idea that whether the ref saw it or not during the game should have some impact on the outcome is a joke. Take a look at the incident if its a blatent elbow take action, f*ck what the ref thought, saw or thought he saw!!

I'm not defending what Kun did but the FA are reacting to popular demand as much as anything. They are incomoetant & spinekess too it seems!!

FA are reacting to popular demand as much as anything. They are incomoetant & spinekess too it seems!![/QUOTE]

EXACTLY !

Make way a three match ban for public demand !

If this was across the board with all incidents you see week in, then you could accept this a little better. Its not though as we all know.

Is this the organisation that for years would not have goal line technology because it was not available throughout the so called football pyramid. Now we have them using a multitude of camera angles to prove intent. Look forward to a player from the lower leagues using the argument that because he has just punched an opponent he does not have a case to answer because the Sky cameras were not there.

can i offer some more fuel to the fire about the ref

the west ham player that sterling had in his pocket the ref gived him 2 final warnings and the fist one in the first half he said no more and told the west ham captain that's it NOW THE 2ND HALF the west ham full back stopped sterling from getting past should have been it for him early bath but NOPE what did the ref do then YEP told the west ham captain that's it he then said something to the ref and he got the yellow card shocking

i know its only 3 games in the new season but we are seeing some shocking stuff by the ref's and what is up next yep the manchester derby at OT we are going to get a right going over by the ref and united will have him in there pocket. lets see if that new couple of rule's about rushing the ref and talking back and pulling of shirts and not looking at the ball when defending will happen to a united player some how i dont think the ref will have the balls to give manchester city anything come derby day
This added on added on time anybody what's the betting it's Atkinson

I don't know why previous incidents not being properly punished is relevant. Just because those were wrong doesn't make this one so. Inconsistency is annoying, but I'd only really be bothered about similar incidents this season being used as a comparison.

Aguero swung an arm, and caught Reid in the throat with his forearm. There seems some split over whether it should be a red or yellow - Murphy, Keown, even Ogden (!) thought it wasn't worthy of a sending off.

That Marriner missed it is from so close is a matter for the refs, not the disciplinary committee.

As for Sky wanting this, they'll want a top match. The PL (or Scudamore at least) probably want Utd to prosper, but the two aren't the same. When Shaw got he penalty at the swamp, the commentator immediately said that he'd kicked himself, which hardly suggests inherent bias.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.