Aguero 'dive'

Crouchinho said:
I never like people saying "contact" as a means to justify a penalty, they sound just like Alan Hansen, they're the sort of people who would justify Moses dive or one of Young's dive where he deliberately makes contact with the defenders leg. There is contact all over the pitch that doesn't mean it's always a foul. It was never a penalty in a million years. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt and anticipated being brought down so he lost his footing

Therefore the defender has gained an unfair advantage by his actions and wouldn't this be a foul? Looking at the gif earlier it also looks like the leg of the defender rebounds off Aguero's foot and there is no contact with the ball. It's a tough one to call, but my gut feeling was a foul and I stick by it.

willy eckerslike said:
Crouchinho said:
I never like people saying "contact" as a means to justify a penalty, they sound just like Alan Hansen, they're the sort of people who would justify Moses dive or one of Young's dive where he deliberately makes contact with the defenders leg. There is contact all over the pitch that doesn't mean it's always a foul. It was never a penalty in a million years. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt and anticipated being brought down so he lost his footing

Therefore the defender has gained an unfair advantage by his actions and wouldn't this be a foul? Looking at the gif earlier it also looks like the leg of the defender rebounds off Aguero's foot and there is no contact with the ball. It's a tough one to call, but my gut feeling was a foul and I stick by it.

I don't think the ref could call a foul for someone anticipating a foul. There may or may not be contact, but I hate people using that word, it's not a penalty and I'd say it would be soft if we were awarded that one. Not a dive for me either way, he strikes me as an honest player

willy eckerslike said:
BigOscar said:
Actually, the more I look at it, the more it looks like the Russian trips him with his hand. It looks like he hits the bottom of Sergio's trailing foot, causing it to hit into the ground and making him trip.

I think there's a knock to Sergio's right foot from the knee of the defender, you can see the foot wobble from the impact.

Penalty any day of the week, except in Greece.

Yes, I'm amazed that those saying he dived can't seem to spot this, it's fucking obvious!

Crouchinho said:
willy eckerslike said:
Crouchinho said:

I don't think the ref could call a foul for someone anticipating a foul. There may or may not be contact, but I hate people using that word, it's not a penalty and I'd say it would be soft if we were awarded that one. Not a dive for me either way, he strikes me as an honest player

You might not like the word but it's in the rules ...

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afdeveloping/refereeing/law_12_fouls_misconduct_en_47379.pdf

Page 6:
"tackles an opponent to gain possession of the ball, making contact with the opponent before touching the ball" (is a foul)

I agree it would be a soft penalty, but no softer than Clichy's handball or the similar handball offences not given against CSKA.

Crouchinho said:
Without the slightest intention to gloss over how utterly shit City were last night, and how we got what we deserved, the CSKA player tackles from behind, he doesn't get to the ball, and there's definite contact with Aguero, maybe twice, and that contact takes Aguero out. You might not like the word, but what else do you want to call it ? How that description doesn't mean foul (penalty) I don't know, anywhere else on the pitch it would have been given a foul, except by a bent referee of course.

oasis-city-greek-fan said:
willy eckerslike said:

Spathas one of the box refs made one of the worst games we ever seen in Greece...He favored Olympiacos of course.If you favor Olympiacos you become international if you don t you ll find you re store burned....

He made the worst game last weekend when i saw him i said ΟMG

willy eckerslike said:
Crouchinho said:
willy eckerslike said:

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afdeveloping/refereeing/law_12_fouls_misconduct_en_47379.pdf

Page 6:
"tackles an opponent to gain possession of the ball, making contact with the opponent before touching the ball" (is a foul)

I agree it would be a soft penalty, but no softer than Clichy's handball or the similar handball offences not given against CSKA.

"Tripping becomes a foul when the offender moves his leg (or any part of his body) in such a way that the player has little or no ability to avoid a fall."

This covers anticipation. The only question is was Aguero already going down before the defender made his attempt. Obviously the ref thought so.

willy eckerslike said:
Crouchinho said:
willy eckerslike said:

Page 6:

It's amazing how many times you see the man take the player before the ball and it's not given, their rules could make it a very non-contact sport, I don't like that rule too much.

I still don't think it's a foul and it's not a dive either, but I think every man and his dog can agree he's a fucking shit ref and is on par with Mark Clatternburg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.