Aguero 'dive'

pedigreeblue

So suprise suprise the media are giving Sergio a hard time, saying it was a blatant dive and quoting from his recent autobiography that he would never dive. Now I've watched it a few times and I'm pretty sure the defenders knee catches Agueros shin which in my mind should have resulted in a penalty, can all these reporters have missed that !?

I can understand how the ref would make the mistake of not calling a penalty as it does appear his body is going lower but I'm very surprised the media and the commentators couldn't immediately see that it was an incorrect decision. Also in Champions League isn't there a ref behind the goals who should be able to see this?

Sergio quite clearly moves both legs on the right hand side (defender side) of the ball and lowers his center of gravity as in my view he is just about to turn around - just as he regularly does instead of taking a tight angle ping at goal on his opposite foot.

Again, I can understand the ref not giving a penalty if he is unsure but to actively give a card for diving is ridiculous. Not as big a ****up though as getting wrong player and missing a 2nd yellow when anyone could tell him and the 2 blokes look completely different.

It was more a penalty than it was a dive. To me it was obvious the ref was determined not to let us back into the game. That was evident with the foul on Sergio in the box just after this incidence. I wouldn't be surprised at all if old frog face Platini had had a word with him before the game. :)

To be honest, in replays I've seen it looks like pretty obvious dive though I'm not sure ref could see that from his position.

Would like to see that last incident, they never showed replay.

Aguero used his legs to shield the ball. Its a penalty if opponents 'cut or rake his achilles (Fellaini) or legs from behind instead of touching the ball.
The Referee has to call it a dive or a penalty.

This Referee should be hauled to task for his mistakes for not sending off Wernbloom & should also have given the second yellow card to Eremenko (for obstructing & fouling Yaya).

The one after it looked more of a penalty, haven't seen a replay though

It was a dive from slow mo replay. I know from a blue or aguero fanboy perspective it's hard to accept. But it's a dive. The second incident though was more a penalty.

But regarding the first incident, the strange thing is the ref did not have the benefit of a replay from another (better) angle and in slow mo. From the ref's view (and in real time) that is partially blocked by the defender, it really looked like he fouled aguero, as there was no way the ref could tell the defender pulled back his legs. I mean aguero going down slightly too early may have gave him a clue but it was too subtle too notice in real time anyway. Really strange

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.