Aguero/Fernandinho suspensions

Nacho was nowhere today and contributed nothing when he came on.
So we will miss Aguero.

So... because Iheanacho didn't score or assist in 13 minutes of play after a month of not playing, he isn't capable of replacing Aguero, even though last time around he replaced Aguero he scored 2 goals and had 2 assists in 2 EPL games (not mention he was key in making a third goal happen)? Iheanacho has had 3 EPL starts this season, yet has 2 goals, 2 assists from those games (whilst being key in creating space for two more goals with his movement) and 3 goals, 3 assists total.

Sure, he isn't as explosive, but he gets the job done so far.

Is Jesus here yet?

Sling him in if so.
He watched the game yesterday apparently, (not our best advert for the club). He's going back to Brazil then. I agree we need some new blood to challenge Sergio and some midfield cover for Fernandinho. I can't wait until he joins us.

So... because Iheanacho didn't score or assist in 13 minutes of play after a month of not playing, he isn't capable of replacing Aguero, even though last time around he replaced Aguero he scored 2 goals and had 2 assists in 2 EPL games (not mention he was key in making a third goal happen)? Iheanacho has had 3 EPL starts this season, yet has 2 goals, 2 assists from those games (whilst being key in creating space for two more goals with his movement) and 3 goals, 3 assists total.

Sure, he isn't as explosive, but he gets the job done so far.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kelletchi is suspended as well, not sure how much he did in the fracas, but he was certainly in the middle of it, & am also expecting fabregas & the bloke that pushed Sergio over but to get 3 game bans as well

Considering Aguero can't hit a bull's arse with a banjo at the moment, from a goalscoring point of view he is no loss & if we're lucky, it could actually benefit us, although his running at the defence etc was good yesterday.

Fernandinho is a huge loss, but if we employ Fernando in a more sitting role & have others attacking more, perhaps we can balance it out & perhaps Fernando can try to look after Otamendi.

Sane, for the first time, showed us why City signed him. That should have given him a lot of confidence, which he has clearly lacked so far. He has played in a more central attacking role at times.

Pep may be able to make a younger, faster attacking pair from Sane, Sterling, mix & matching with Silva, Iheanacho, Nolito who pick up the ball & run at defenders. That would actually be more 'Barca' than the 'all roads lead to Aguero' model of attacking we generally use.

Whatever happens, some fucker has to actually score, which Kelechi was doing better than anybody as I recall.

It was a good thing Nolito was not on the field as it would have been three reds.
This might be a crap situation for Kun and Dinho but it is a big opportunity for other players to step up.
Yaya, Fernando, Garcia, Sane, Nacho etc. should be making a massive effort in training to show Pep that they are the ones that can cover for the suspensions.
Let's try to turn this around and use it to motivate the team and fans!

Any videos of the aftermath? Right in front of my seats but we left around 91. My own fault for leaving early!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.