Aguero not 100%

Well it does, if he has scored a goal out of nothing that means he has that in his locker, whether he's scored 1 or 10 goals he has that ability, so you and that other poster are wrong.
1 goal getting on the end of a kev ball hardly shows he makes goals for himself,1 out of how many? creating a goal out of nothing is creating the goal from nowhere,making space for yourself,scoring from impossible angles,lots of different things go into scoring a goal out of nothing,unless we have different definations for it,sergio is the master at it

I don't get why some posters seem to be downplaying gabby he has everything in his locker imo and once he gets a regular run he will prove it

1 goal getting on the end of a kev ball hardly shows he makes goals for himself,1 out of how many? creating a goal out of nothing is creating the goal from nowhere,making space for yourself,scoring from impossible angles,lots of different things go into scoring a goal out of nothing,unless we have different definations for it,sergio is the master at it
Your right Sergio is the master and Gabby is the masters apprentice, but you can't dis that goal Gabby scored at Southampton, it was absolutely sublime, out of nothing and out of context with the game, so he has that in his locker and a lot more imo.

Your right Sergio is the master and Gabby is the masters apprentice, but you can't dis that goal Gabby scored at Southampton, it was absolutely sublime, out of nothing and out of context with the game, so he has that in his locker and a lot more imo.
I'm not dissing it,i've said it was a brilliantly taken goal,without kev he wouldn't have created a goal out of nothing,we have different definitions it seems,i said at the time that would be his aguero moment and he would kick on,it just hasn't happen anything how i expected it to

I don't get why some posters seem to be downplaying gabby he has everything in his locker imo and once he gets a regular run he will prove it
Agreed, we will obviously buy someone when Aguero leaves City but that's not a concession that Jesus can't be his successor. We're not suddenly going to make do with one striker for the whole squad, regardless of what the clubs opinion of Jesus is, so that's flawed logic.

I don't get how people say on one hand Aguero is world class and should be ahead of him because Jesus is young but on the other hand, the fact that Jesus isn't getting ahead of him means he's not going to cut it once Aguero leaves. 22 is still young for a striker in this day and age and young players need quality game time to progress. He's nowhere near his peak, he still has lots of potential. He joined us when he was 19 if I remember right, he's from a vastly different country, has had injury set backs, home sickness, ontop of a world class club legend who happens to be the best CF in the PL ahead of him.

He's coming up to 3 full years at the club in January, in the PL, where it really matters(where we field our strongest team etc). He has played 73 games which averages out at around 24 games ever year. He has played 3,548 PL minutes in those games which averages out at 48mins per match. That to me, looks like the stats you'd expect for a young player, not the minutes of a seasoned pro, he'll need way more than that to reach his potential. Compare those stats to Kane at the same age or Rashford and the PL minutes played tell a story on their own. Kane suffered a back injury the same season he returned to Spurs from his championship lone, that saw him get only 10 PL games that season. After the following season, he'd already got 3,000 PL minutes under his belt, at 21 years old. Rashford, I probably don't need to begin comparing on the minutes played front. Time will tell if we have managed Jesus' progress correctly, too much too soon can be a bad thing.

Also, City after Aguero is going to require adjustment, we aren't going to replace him like for like. We will play to the strengths of who we have and Jesus has plenty of them already. We may even find he suits Pep's system perfectly, which is sometimes a bigger asset. People are being way to quick to write Jesus off for my liking.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.