Aguero - voted 2nd top moment of the decade

I said something similar to my new wife who looked shocked ....better having your kids or getting married ? She said .... .look having my kids I had 9 month to get ready , getting married I had months to get ready. Aguero I had spent 44 years getting ready and than it all went tits up , with the title going to the scum. Than out of no where we get Aguerooooooooo and I cried like a baby !!. I had experience every emotion there is in those 93:20 minutes.
I presume she cleaned you out in the subsequent divorce?

Well as a neutral (Wolves fan) I can tell you no moment in my 57 years of life has met the sheer drama and thrill of that single moment where any club wins a premier league title or equivalent trophy at the expense of its hated rivals, who themselves thought they had won it within the same few seconds. It was an incredibly unique moment, not just for every person in Manchester and the north-west, but for the whole of the UK public watching or listening in.

Leicester may be the achievement of the decade, but nothing will ever beat the day City won the title, every football fan in the Country (other than the big boys of which you are obviously now one) watched on and could relate to the pain and all-too-typical disappointment you were feeling at 2-1 down, and then shared in your joy at that moment of sheer uncontrolled, pleasure-driven wildness that every fan in the Country can only ever see happening in their most extreme dreams as Aguero lashed it home. That commentary moment will live with every football fan, forever.

Seeing Alex Ferguson's face change from that 'smug gloatiness' to raging thunder was sheer poetry and theatre, as the reporters switched from the disbelieving, polar-opposite celebrations then gut-wrenching disbelief on the pitch at full time in Sunderland, to the heart-attack inducing scenes in Manchester, where the deepest of deep pain turned in a split second to the wildest ecstasy ever witnessed in football.

Well, as a neutral, that's how I saw it - those 2-3 minutes epitomised everything any football fan could ever, ever wish to experience in their football-supporting life. Nothing else I have ever seen, remotely comes close.
Well said sir.

Great description Crewelad..

It was one of my most emotionally charged days I can count on 3 fingers (after my son and daughter's arrivals)..

To win away at Newcastle the week before who themselves needed a win to push for a top 4 finish was bad enough..

However, if you could have hand picked a team to play at home, last game of the season to win the league, QPR (no disrespect to them) were that team..

It turned out to be 44 years of waiting rolled into 94 minutes of pure adrenaline filled theatre..!!

I had pains in my chest all game which intensified as the game wore on..

2-1 down, going into the 91st minute and I didn't know what to do, I felt physically sick and completely washed out..!!

The next 3 and a bit minutes and I thought a heart attack was on the cards..

I watch it back now occasionally and still thing Sergio's going to miss!!

An emotional lifetime of watching, supporting, following and living your football team, condensed in the time it takes to run an advert break..

That's why we watch football and why it has the capacity to grip us so tight..!

If it was a Hollywood film you would dismiss it as pure fantasy..

It is however one of our greatest ever days in our history..!

I had forgotten that Newcastle were so high that season. Finished 5th. It was a horrendous match for the nerves the QPR one. People
Left the ground. Imagine missing that! West Ham 2 seasons later was much less stressful and they are the team to play if you want an easy game!

I had forgotten that Newcastle were so high that season. Finished 5th. It was a horrendous match for the nerves the QPR one. People
Left the ground. Imagine missing that! West Ham 2 seasons later was much less stressful and they are the team to play if you want an easy game!

My wife says 'I don't understand why you get all worked up and so stressed out, it's only football..!'

So there you have it,.. 'it's only football'

Nice, straight forward logic..

Don't know why it fcuks us all up really.. Ha!

My wife says 'I don't understand why you get all worked up and so stressed out, it's only football..!'

So there you have it,.. 'it's only football'

Nice, straight forward logic..

Don't know why it fcuks us all up really.. Ha!
When you look at all the other shit going on in the world she's not wrong really.
Are women smarter than men ?

I think Newcastle were 3rd when we played the penultimate game away - or would have gone 3rd had they won. Ridiculously tense game that Yaya took by the scruff of the neck and won it for us.
Credit the Geordies who stayed on at the end to applaud the champions in waiting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.