Aguero's penalty

Own goal.
As clear as this one:
viento-mete-gol-oponente-invisible-fantasma-humor-futgol-gif-gracioso.gif

de niro said:
It's an own goal when it goes in off the keeper.untill the rags score one.
Even the rags would've had an own goal in this case. Now if you're talking about dodgy deflections and such, I tend to agree.

Jumanji said:
de niro said:
It's an own goal when it goes in off the keeper.untill the rags score one.
Even the rags would've had an own goal in this case. Now if you're talking about dodgy deflections and such, I tend to agree.

mark my words had rooney scored like that it would have been accredited to him. sky would have insisted.

Re: Agueros penalty

6one said:
Matty said:
6one said:
All the media outlets have said that.

Regardless of whether you think it's a goal.

It's simply not possible to think Aguero's shot was off-target.

It's highly accurate to say that someone is thick, very thick, to think that the shot was off-target, when it's clear that it wasn't.

Would the ball have gone in the net if it had missed Howard's head/shoulder completely?

No, it would have come out somewhere in the middle of the 6 yard box.

So how on Earth can it be an Aguero goal? Without the Howard touch the ball would not have gone in the net. His initial touch, the save, turned the ball off target (it hit the post), his second touch (the head/shoulder) turned the ball, destined not to cross the line, over the line. It's an own goal.

As for the Premier League website being run by the media, well obviously the Premier League employ tech savy people to update their website, but it is the Premier League themselves that are the owners of, and the compilers of, all statistical data for the Premier League. The people who run the website won't have decided, arbitrarily, to make it an own goal, they will have been instructed, by the Premier League themselves, that the third goal was an own goals scored by Tim Howard. This decision may, or may not, be later overturned by the Premier Leagues own dubious goals panel, but I seriously doubt it as it's clear that after the initial save the only reason the ball ended up in the net was due to a deflection off Tim Howard's body.

You can't just say that you're right and it's only down to the media that this has been classed as an own goal. You seem to be pretty much the only person who believes it's Aguero's goal.

You argued something different to what I was replied to someone.

Someone said that the shot was off-target. It wasn't. As if howard hadn't saved it, it would have gone into the net.

I'm not really fussed whether in these situations it goes down as an own goal or is awarded to the striker. It makes no difference to me.

I simply stated clearly, that it categorically will be classed as Aguero's goal by the dubious goals panel. Guaranteed.

Whether I think that it should is irrelelvant, nor am I bothered either way.

-- Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:09 pm --

Oh and an aside. FWIW, PremierLeague use Opta for data. And majority of media outlets use PressAssociation or AP.

And there you go again, you can't say it categorically WILL be classed as an Aguero goal, and it most certainly ISN'T guaranteed. I'd be very surprised if this doesn't remain as an own goal, as would a great deal of people I'd imagine.

This debate could be bigger than the Mancini in/outers, Tyler/Quinn and the muffin/barm.
Don't work yourselves up on it jeez, sit back and wait. If anyone should care the most its Aguero.

BlueTG said:
This debate could be bigger than the Mancini in/outers, Tyler/Quinn and the muffin/barm.
Don't work yourselves up on it jeez, sit back and wait. If anyone should care the most its Aguero.

I can't eat and I can't sleep until I find out whether Aguero gets this goal or not. It's taken over my life. I'm drinking, taking drugs, seeing a shrink. Why can't they put me out of my misery and announce their decision?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.